Can I hide/disable the new tab tiles?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
avada000

Can I hide/disable the new tab tiles?

Post by avada000 »

Hi!

I want to remove them because I never use them. Is there a setting I can disable them with? (The customize options only allow me to decrease them to 2x2 )
Or is there a more hack-y way of doing this?

dev

Re: Can I hide/disable the new tab tiles?

Post by dev »

use settings /tabs options / go to the following page when opening a new tab / new tab / home page / blank page. use blank page or homepage if you have set your own (also done in settings under startup.

avada000

Post by avada000 »

dev wrote:use settings /tabs options / go to the following page when opening a new tab / new tab / home page / blank page. use blank page or homepage if you have set your own (also done in settings under startup.
Hi!

Thanks for the tip. However I'd much prefer retaining the much more pleasent skin background instead of a pure white page. Can I do that somehow? Also the searchbox sometimes comes in handy.

avada000

Post by avada000 »

Maybe there's a new tab addon of sorts that only shows the theme background?
Did anyone see such?

dev

Post by dev »

You could try this way....... do as i've told you before but change it to homepage , then set your homepage to google search then install tampermonkey then install one of these themes as a userscript https://userstyles.org/styles/browse?se ... gle+search and the link to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fkfo?hl=en

Electrojim

Post by Electrojim »

Suggestions in this thread appear to be quite dated. The browser has changed somewhat since these suggestions have been stated. I find no way to do this, as suggested by Dev on 04/16:
"use settings /tabs options / go to the following page when opening a new tab / new tab / home page / blank page. use blank page or homepage if you have set your own (also done in settings under startup."
Is there an updated way to get rid of the tiles on an empty page?