DBsign applet not working in Slimjet

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
LinnyMint

DBsign applet not working in Slimjet

Post by LinnyMint »

I am having a problem electronically signing a time sheet in Slimjet. The application is DBsign Univeral Web Signer. In the process of attempting to sign, I get 2 security warnings regarding un-trusted certificates. They are military certificates and I have added them to the list of exceptions in the Java console. According to the console, I will still get the error messages but that by selecting "Continue" on the message dialog it should still work:

Applications launched from the sites listed below will be allowed to run after the appropriate security prompts.

But I still end up with this error message at the end of the procedure and the signature fails:

DBsign UWS applet failed to load. Ensure that Java is enabled in the browser and report any exceptions found in the Java console log.

I have none of the above problems in IE, Firefox, or Palemoon.

BTW - I can't locate the Java console log and it doesn't seem to be available on the Java Console Panel - Windows 7 Enterprise