Agar.io does not load in Slimjet

Slimjet bug reports
PureView

Agar.io does not load in Slimjet

Post by PureView »

Hello

I've reported this several versions earlier, but so far no change for the better. Agar.io works for me in any browser, but Slimjet.

PureView

Re: Agar.io does not load in Slimjet

Post by PureView »

Hello, any update on this?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Would http://agario.biz/ work for you just as well?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Both agar.io and agario works for me
Francesco Cantalini
Sysadmin and IT Security Consultant

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I played as guest. It seems to work fine. Although, nothing happens when I press space or W.
PureView wrote:Hello

I've reported this several versions earlier, but so far no change for the better. Agar.io works for me in any browser, but Slimjet.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

PureView

Post by PureView »

oftentired wrote:Would http://agario.biz/ work for you just as well?
No.
Agario.biz works, but Agar.io does not. The error is "Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to execute 'toDataURL' on 'HTMLCanvasElement': Tainted canvases may not be exported.(anonymous function) @ main_out.js?v=28:21(anonymous function) @ main_out.js?v=28:21l @ master.js:2f.fireWith @ master.js:2n.extend.ready @ master.js:2I @ master.js:1".
hyperion wrote:Both agar.io and agario works for me
Thanks for checking.
flashpeak wrote:I played as guest. It seems to work fine. Although, nothing happens when I press space or W.
Thanks for checking. It's alright, you cannot shoot mass or split untill you've eaten enough.

I've managed to find the culprit. It's "Disable reading from HTML5 canvas" turned on. Being mindful of privacy and under impression of the brief, I checked the option on my initial browser setup. Could not forsee incompatibilities at that time, nor was I warned about any possible ones.

Since Agario.biz works, I'm inclined to believe the issue is with Agar.io. Nevertheless, this example proves the necessity to have domain exceptions for 'Canvas Fingerprinting prevention', because it is unreasonable to lose useful feature due to one site's (mis)behavior.