can't make slimjet default browser

Slimjet bug reports
TJlivinginCA

can't make slimjet default browser

Post by TJlivinginCA »

I don't know if you support Lubuntu or not, but the bug that I have is that I can't make SlimJet my default browser. (The button does not work, and SlimJet does not show up in my list of optional default browsers... I'm using version 15.10.

hyperion

Re: can't make slimjet default browser

Post by hyperion »

Hi,
Yes Slimjet supports Linux distros. Do you have 32bit or 64bit Linux and browser?
Francesco Cantalini
Sysadmin and IT Security Consultant

TJlivinginCA

Post by TJlivinginCA »

hyperion wrote:Yes Slimjet supports Linux distros. Do you have 32bit or 64bit Linux and browser?
I have both installed, but the one with Lubuntu 15.10 is the 64bit. (the other is installed on Puppy Linux (TahrPup) -- which I suspect you don't support because there are issues that require additional tweaking to get it to run)

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I'm on LinuxLite 2.6 x64, a cousin to Lubuntu, which uses the xfce desktop enviro. SJ asks me if I want to make it the default, but I'm not sure what it actually does. Every time I click a desktop url link it queries me what I want to do with it. Each time I'm in a program and click a link, it does the same thing.

So yesterday I went into the Menu and found a "preferred programs" applet, and there set SJ to be system default for urls. Today on rebooting, SJ asked me if I want to make it the system default. It seems that SJ and Linux are not talking to each other very well on this subject.