[Fixed] Adblocker error message in Yahoo Mail

Slimjet bug reports
RobbyG2112

[Fixed] Adblocker error message in Yahoo Mail

Post by RobbyG2112 »

Just downloaded 5.0.8.0 and with the built-in adblocker enabled I am getting this message in Yahoo Mail on the left side panel (right under "Recent" folders):

"Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension"

I was not getting this with 5.0.6.0 with the adblocker so something has changed in 5.0.8.0. I also get this same error using the latest version of Ublock Origin but not with Adguard or Adblock Plus.

Is anybody else seeing this message?

oftentired

Re: Adblocker error message in Yahoo Mail

Post by oftentired »

I don't get a written message but I do get this un-happy face. If I turn the ad block off I get all the wonderful ads left right and top. I'm thinking the un-happy face works for me :D

RobbyG2112

Post by RobbyG2112 »

Yes - that is the same error, if you hover over it you will see the message "Requests to the server have been blocked by an extension".

BTW - this also happens on the Yahoo login page in the middle of the screen.

dev

Post by dev »

I would imagine its the different ad/filter lists that each adblocker uses that is causing the message. Just white list the element that is blocked if you want to see it.

RobbyG2112

Post by RobbyG2112 »

It's not the filter list, I'm using the same one (Easylist) in the built-in adblocker and the problem only occurs in 5.0.8.0. I've reverted back to 5.0.6.0 and it is working fine in that version.

dev

Post by dev »

RobbyG2112 wrote:It's not the filter list, I'm using the same one (Easylist) in the built-in adblocker and the problem only occurs in 5.0.8.0. I've reverted back to 5.0.6.0 and it is working fine in that version.
Ah ok i was just going on you saying that it was different in numerous adblockers that you have used.
The inbuilt adblocker is 5.6 is not working it doesn't read/apply the filters right hence you don't see the message but its not working right in 5.8 either hence the error message (its blocked the ad but not hidden the element). viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451