[Resolved] beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Slimjet bug reports
dev

Re: beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Post by dev »

narcolepticinsomniac wrote:
flashpeak wrote:I saw a blank div remaining in 5.0.7. That has been taken care of in 5.0.8.
There's a couple different social divs on that page, maybe you're referring to the bottom right one. In 5.0.7 the error placeholder was there which was fixed in 5.0.8 but that isn't a CSS rule, it's blocked from loading by some url rule, thus the error placeholder. The top left social div is a CSS rule "##.social" and it doesn't work in either.

5.0.7: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 ... nshhzr.png

5.0.8: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 ... mx02fi.png
Yeah exactly what i posted the social buttons (on the left) are not being blocked if i use a another adblocker you don't see the social buttons, I have tried incognito in case it was a extension or other that may be the problem, i have done a fresh install so that the adblocker lists are fresh not what i have already filtered my self but the social buttons still remain.
Now narcolepticinsomniac says it far more eloquent but in laymen terms the adblocker is missing not reading/applying the filters for some reason. More important is it catching and stopping websites from tracking as ublock/adblock plus do ?

narcolepticinsomniac

Post by narcolepticinsomniac »

@flashpeak, are you still working on the Adblock bugs?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Yes. I am back here. I will look into the problems and report back.
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@flashpeak, are you still working on the Adblock bugs?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Please check 5.0.9.
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@flashpeak, are you still working on the Adblock bugs?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

narcolepticinsomniac

Post by narcolepticinsomniac »

Another big improvement. I've still come across some simple CSS rules that aren't applied and I can't come up with any reason as to why. For example, go to: http://www.iwatchonline.ag/play/4386456 and proceed to the video which is now there thanks to the latest update (btw add this filter: "||cdn.vidup.me/thevideo/js/pcode/jsp.js" to get rid of their pop-ups). Towards the middle/top of the player there's a floating dismissal "x" for an ad that's no longer present. That "x" is inside a div that should have been removed by this filter: "thevideo.me,vidup.me###pre_counter". I don't have a clue why it's not being applied.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

This one should have been fixed in 5.0.10.0
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:Another big improvement. I've still come across some simple CSS rules that aren't applied and I can't come up with any reason as to why. For example, go to: http://www.iwatchonline.ag/play/4386456 and proceed to the video which is now there thanks to the latest update (btw add this filter: "||cdn.vidup.me/thevideo/js/pcode/jsp.js" to get rid of their pop-ups). Towards the middle/top of the player there's a floating dismissal "x" for an ad that's no longer present. That "x" is inside a div that should have been removed by this filter: "thevideo.me,vidup.me###pre_counter". I don't have a clue why it's not being applied.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jollyDoDo

Post by jollyDoDo »

Got a bug/problem...... Adblocker doesn't automatically update added lists and it has been a more than a week or so now since.

Update: I'd like to suggest to add a "Manual Update Lists" function or maybe a set of default update schedules like "Update list everytime the browsers starts", "Everyday", "Once a week", etc.