Flash problem with latest Slimjet

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
rikkitic

Flash problem with latest Slimjet

Post by rikkitic »

This isn't exactly a bug and it's not really Slimjet's fault, but it came with the latest Slimjet update and I am not a Chrome user so I am posting about it here.

A live news stream I like suddenly stopped working. After two days of searching I finally pinpointed it to the latest Flash update. Since Flash is now embedded and updates are automatic, this means it is also linked to the Slimjet update. It is a weird problem, because it only seems to affect a single live streaming site and no other. The site is the ABC Australia 24-hour live news stream (ABC.net.au). It is geoblocked but works fine with a DNS proxy, as long as you don't have the latest Flash update.

I'm not sure which version is the problem. Slimjet 4.0.15.0 (Chrome 42.0.2311.90) with Flash 18.0.0.232 definitely works. The current Slimjet version 5.0.6.0 does not. Other browsers with the latest Flash versions (I tested Edge) also do not work. The problem only seems to affect ABC. Several other live streaming sites I tried do work. Whether this is the fault of ABC or Flash or both I do not know but if anyone else has the same problem, this is the explanation.

So is there any simple way to roll back Slimjet and Flash? I don't want to lose my shortcuts and settings by uninstalling and reinstalling. The real problem here is not Slimjet but Flash, which tries to autoupdate, but the only way I have found to install the older Flash version is to install the older Slimjet. Does anyone know more about this?

oftentired

Re: Flash problem with latest Slimjet

Post by oftentired »

You can manually update pepper flash

Follow the instructions in this post found in Tips and Tricks Forum

Click Here - How To Manually Update Pepper Flash