New, and looking for photo enhancement

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
islandman

New, and looking for photo enhancement

Post by islandman »

Having just read about Slimjet, I am giving it a try, a try with enough conviction that I have dumped firefox,chrome and vivaldi. I've installed ABP and now would like to discover the photo enhancement that appears in Slimjey ad. So please would someone show me.

oftentired

Re: New, and looking for photo enhancement

Post by oftentired »

click the gear icon near the upper right
slick Settings
find Photo Processing and make sure the box is checked for it to be turned on

Now when you upload a file an interactive window will open where you can use or not use the photo frame and certain enhancement choices.

islandman

Post by islandman »

I;ve looked and it is checked, so when someone sends me a photo in an email, is that when I rt click it to get to enhancement?

PS, clearly not. Just sent myself a photo from picasa to my email account, rt clicked showed nothing different

PPS, sometime later. If anyone would answer this I'd appreciate it, I want to stay with Slimjet but if there is a problem getting a meaningfull answer, then maybe it's not for me.

Photo Salon is well advertised, but no clear route to access if. I have carried out the instructions ie cog wheel > settings > found Photo Processing and ensured it was checked.

Then with photo sent to my email address, right clicked it and a pop-box, which you refer to as interactive window appeared where there was NO mention of the option to enhance the photo, in fact the options given are:-
back
forward
reload
bookmark this page
save as
print
translate to english
view page source
view page info
block element
download all links
inspect element

so, my question is, where now ?, surely I cannot have misunderstood, given that I have responded in such detail, must suggest I am anxious to get this right.

Maybe that when you write " interactive window will open where you can use or not use the photo frame and certain enhancement choices.", there is more to it than that. Hopefully someone might proffer an explanation please.

Further more, when I read from your website the following:-

How to enter photo salon?
To enter the photo salon, just click the option "Process Photo" in the open file dialog where you choose the files to be uploaded. After that, click OK to close the open file dialog and the Photo-Salon will pop up.
how in heavens name can you do that, if there isn't a clear way to gain that option.

I'm asking myself that maybe this site isn't ready yet?

dev

Post by dev »

http://www.slimjet.com/en/webhelp/photo-salon.htm Its all there in what can be done. Its main use is when your uploading a photo via mainly social media facebook etc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

oftentired wrote:... when you upload a file an interactive window will open where you can use or not use the photo frame and certain enhancement choices.

Photo Salon is not an independent interactive program from photo processing. It is integrated into the upload process and only available there.

If you want a free program with very nice image manipulation capability I suggest you try Irfanview
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

hotleenie

Post by hotleenie »

I too, am looking for the Photo Salon. In the Settings, under Photo processing section, photo shrinking settings, I added facebook.com to the domain name section. The check box to automatically shrink photo files is checked. It's not working! I get no option, "Process Photo" in the open file dialog. Something is missing from the instructions. Maybe it does not work in Ubuntu. Any Windows users out there having the same problem?

http://www.slimjet.com/en/webhelp/photo-salon.htm
Photo Salon
The Photo-Salon in Slimjet lets you frame your photos and add other enhancement effects before uploading them to the server. If automatic photo shrinking feature is enabled on this domain, they will be shrunk to the preset resolution as well.
"How to enter photo salon?
To enter the photo salon, just click the option "Process Photo" in the open file dialog where you choose the files to be uploaded. After that, click OK to close the open file dialog and the Photo-Salon will pop up."

What to do now? :roll: