[request] context menu search

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
notturno

[request] context menu search

Post by notturno »

Hi,
first of all thank you to the devs for the good work they are doing.
It is exciting to read about the new features that will come with the next version of Slimjet, download was an area needing of an upgrade, can't wait!
I have a small request, I use this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ejjohldoga but it is not practical at all, it would be nice to have it in the browser already.
I am a former Opera Presto user and I am adapting myself to a different way of browsing, but the context menu search is an option I can't live without.

PS: another thing, the only option to synchronize SlimJet seems to be via a Google account, I don't use Google, any hope of an alternative way?

dev

Re: [request] context menu search

Post by dev »

I requested the same thing when slimjet started because i missed it from coolnovo, sadly fell on deaf ears at the time so i now use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog which gives you a nice pop up to search with different engines or search a particular site.

Google account is the only way i know.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

FYI for anyone reading this thread who is not yet aware of right click context menu possibilities. In ver 4.0.15 and beta 5.0

• You can select (hightlight) text and right click and there is a choice to do a google search for the text you selected.
• You can right click a picture on a webpage and there is a choice to "search google for this image".

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:FYI for anyone reading this thread who is not yet aware of right click context menu possibilities. In ver 4.0.15 and beta 5.0

• You can select (hightlight) text and right click and there is a choice to do a google search for the text you selected.
• You can right click a picture on a webpage and there is a choice to "search google for this image".
The text search (google only) has always been there in chrome/chromium and slimjet and the picture search should give the users the option to use any search engine not just google, people tend to use slimjet so that don't have to be tied to everything that is google. :)

notturno

Post by notturno »

dev wrote:I requested the same thing when slimjet started because i missed it from coolnovo, sadly fell on deaf ears at the time so i now use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog which gives you a nice pop up to search with different engines or search a particular site.
nice extension! thank you

notturno

Post by notturno »

oftentired wrote:FYI for anyone reading this thread who is not yet aware of right click context menu possibilities. In ver 4.0.15 and beta 5.0
right click context search implies that if I have 20 search engines I can use each one of them from the right click menu.
By the way, Opera had this feature 10 years ago I'd say.