[Resolved] beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Slimjet bug reports
dev

[Resolved] beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Post by dev »

Inbuilt adblocker
Not blocking ads from various sites where adblockplus or ublock with the same lists do. Might be better to add fanboys ultimate list as the default rather than just easy list, its the same list but adds far more.

Lists added are prebake, anti adblock and block eu cookie list. I'm taking it the ! is being ignored when adding own lists ?

The JavaScript popup... in the url bar (the one that pops up when you have a site blocked from using java) is broke, it doesn't allow to alter the setting you have to go into settings itself to alter.
Last edited by oftentired on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: 21 day sticky

oftentired

Re: beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure your describing a bug regarding the adblock problem but I'll put it in the bug forum for the javascript notification issue. In the future it is desirable to have unique Topics placed into their own single forum post. Among other things it is easier to follow a single topic with replies regarding that topic.

dev

Post by dev »

Cheers m8

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been on lately. But I would like to know what adblocker is the built-in one based off of? Also, I think integrating Ublock into Slimjet would be better, instead of the heavy and slow Adblock Plus (in my opinion). Well Adblock Plus isn't really integrated, but you know make the adblock link to install Ublock.

reactorr

Post by reactorr »

+1

for example: www.whoer.net

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Right now, we don't support adding your own list yet. You can add your own individual rules, though via the menu "Select ad components to block". We will add support for more lists pretty soon.
If you can give me a few example urls on which there are missing ads, I can take a look.

As for the Java popup, I am not sure what you are referring to. Please provide a test link and illustrate steps to reproduce the problem. Java is still supported in Slimjet 5. We did mess up the original popup blocker in 5.0. It is going to be fixed in 5.0.2.

dev wrote:Inbuilt adblocker
Not blocking ads from various sites where adblockplus or ublock with the same lists do. Might be better to add fanboys ultimate list as the default rather than just easy list, its the same list but adds far more.

Lists added are prebake, anti adblock and block eu cookie list. I'm taking it the ! is being ignored when adding own lists ?

The JavaScript popup... in the url bar (the one that pops up when you have a site blocked from using java) is broke, it doesn't allow to alter the setting you have to go into settings itself to alter.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

flashpeak wrote:Right now, we don't support adding your own list yet. You can add your own individual rules, though via the menu "Select ad components to block". We will add support for more lists pretty soon.
If you can give me a few example urls on which there are missing ads, I can take a look.
As for the Java popup, I am not sure what you are referring to. Please provide a test link and illustrate steps to reproduce the problem. Java is still supported in Slimjet 5. We did mess up the original popup blocker in 5.0. It is going to be fixed in 5.0.2.

If you block javascript on a website through settings. content/settings, you get a icon (looks like a piece of paper) with a big red x through it popup in the url bar (right hand side) if you then right click on it it gives the options "always allow" or "continue to block java". It allows you to alter the setting but it doesn't work you have to go into settings content settings itself to alter for it to work.

As to url's for adblocking any and most European sites have a allow cookies messages on them because of EU law so a list like prebake removes them. Any go4up pages http://go4up.com/dl/e40b83893753/PS.Plu ... .part1.rar click any link with just the inbuilt adblocker used you get a popup redirect pages like skybet etc. You don't with adblockplus or ublock. Fanboys ultimate list includes easy privacy lists which stops well known trackers which the inbuilt adblocker doesn't block. There are certain sites that deploy anti adblock methods so i use this https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer, now for this to work the adblocker i use needs to be able to use their own filter lists so hopefully you could have the inbuilt adblocker to have this ability.

I thought the popup blocker was broke as i had to install poper blocker from the extension store, glad that you have pointed that out for a upcoming fix, maybe have a look at poper blocker and see what and how they do it as (link)
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/09/10/poper- ... right-now/

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The built-in ad blocker is not based on anything as far as coding is concerned. We do use the same filtering rules used by Adblock Plus. I think most of the ad blockers use either Easylist or Fanboy's list. Since our implementation is done natively within the browser, it will be more efficient than any of the existing ad blocking extensions.
LimboSlam wrote:Hey everyone, sorry I have not been on lately. But I would like to know what adblocker is the built-in one based off of? Also, I think integrating Ublock into Slimjet would be better, instead of the heavy and slow Adblock Plus (in my opinion). Well Adblock Plus isn't really integrated, but you know make the adblock link to install Ublock.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

@Dev, I tested this little java game at http://www.pogo.com/games/hearts?pageSe ... earts#game . I got a "Plugin blocked" notification when I open the page. Then I select "Always allow plugins on www.pogo.com". Then I reload the page and the game plays normally. I do have to manually reload the page in order for the new setting to take effect.

By the way, we have just uploaded 5.0.2.0. You can try that and see if it makes any difference for you.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

I tried in 5.2 the link i posted earlier go4up one with inbuilt adblocker. No luck i'm afraid did not block the ad on the page nor did it stop the popup when i clicked on one of the links on that page. Strange thing that slimjet informed me that a popup was blocked yet it was not so perhaps the blocker not fixed?
link to page http://go4up.com/dl/e40b83893753/PS.Plu ... .part1.rar popup and ad http://c.cjsab.com/?a=504477&c=1384752& ... 5-989-4753 and
http://content.paddypower.com/ppc-pages ... D=10113266 I would say that these would change if i tried same links again.

Something to work on but i have faith it will work as you update, i'll stick to ublock for the time being, the java issue remains the same for me but its something i can live with, java in it self works just not a setting without altering another setting.

A question or a bit of info would be what ram usage is the inbuilt adblocker using compared to a extension one, a good selling point if its a lot lower which might be worth adding to your blog/site.