Thorough comparison of adblockers

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

Thorough comparison of adblockers

Post by paul1149 »

I found this to be an excellent article. By way of MalwareTips.com.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/10-ad-block ... ormance/3/

paul1149

Re: Thorough comparison of adblockers

Post by paul1149 »

Really wish this thread hadn't been moved out of the General forum, where it actually would be seen by people and do some good. That government governs best, which governs least.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

paul1149 wrote:Really wish this thread hadn't been moved out of the General forum, where it actually would be seen by people and do some good. That government governs best, which governs least.
Yeah, it is debatable. I can sticky it in the General Forum which I started to do or I can leave a link to it in the General forum and leave it here (which I don't normally do). My concern about sticking the posts which have a long-ish period of usefulness in the General forum is that I'll end up with a front page full of stickys. I'm not in the habit of babysitting sticky posts to make sure they remain useful and this one does have a shelf life unless it remains updated as the information evolves; that is to say the reported information about the various adblockers will become obsolete over a period of time changing the value of the report and the usefulness of the information will degrade.

I will compromise and move it back to the general forum as a sticky for 9 months.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I can see your logic, and that's very understandable. And if it was stickied in the other forum I apologize, I hadn't noticed.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

paul1149 wrote:I can see your logic, and that's very understandable. And if it was stickied in the other forum I apologize, I hadn't noticed.
not sticky in the other forum it would have been at and near the top for long enough as the forum isn't posted often

dev

Post by dev »

Interesting read. Thanks for posting it.