Why doesn't Slimjet work with Comedy Central?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
rikkitic

Why doesn't Slimjet work with Comedy Central?

Post by rikkitic »

I tried to view some episodes of South Park today but only get a blank screen on the Flash player. The site says the video is playing, but it isn't. I have the latest updates to Slimjet and Flash Player and Flash seems to work okay on other sites. CC is the first one I have encountered this with. Works fine on Opera 12. What is the problem with Slimjet?

oftentired

Re: Why doesn't Slimjet work with Comedy Central?

Post by oftentired »

if you have an ad blocker extension installed try telling it not to block the website

rikkitic

Post by rikkitic »

Thanks for the reply. No ad blocker in the way. I only use Ghostery and I disabled it while diagnosing the problem. I get the same issue with Slimjet on two different computers, a laptop runnning Win 10 and a desktop on Win 7. On that same computer Opera 12 works fine. So what is going on here?

analogfred

Post by analogfred »

I have similar issue. 4.0.14 and 4.0.15. Clips will play but full episodes won't, they say "sorry this video is unavailable".

I have no extensions running, cleared all browsing data, using latest flash.
Youtube and other sites seem to play videos fine on slimjet.

Firefox on the same computer works fine with clips and episodes.

Clip that plays: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/seq7hi/ch ... uncensored
Full episode that doesn't: http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episode ... al-episode

sjguy111

Post by sjguy111 »

I have 1 extension turned on, Adblock Plus, and both links work fine. My problem is with a choppy audio.