Moving toolbar buttons.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
beast-usa

Re: Moving toolbar buttons.

Post by beast-usa »

EDIT Never mind version 4.0.14.0 IS STILL BACKWARDS!

Version 4.0.10.0 - 32bit.

Version 4.0.11.0 and newer
Flipped from here WHY?

Rolling back to version 4.0.10.0, updating flash in the pepperflash folder. AGAIN :(

Is it that hard to just leave it where WE CAN DRAG & DROP?
ThermalTake GT10, Asus Rampage V Exteme, i7-6950X (Raystorm water block), 32gigs DDR4-3000 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, OS HD's - 2 X 128gig Crucial M550's SSD's in Raid 0, Corsair SINGLE RAIL 1050 watt

Schanzation

Post by Schanzation »

Anyone know if it's possible to change the icons? an alternative Icon pack or something.

7bfb4bef

Post by 7bfb4bef »

THIS IS LONG OVERDUE TO BE FIXED... WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?
It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and BIG PAIN IN THE A$$ that the ICONS ARE OUT OF ORDER.
See below for another example of how bad this looks and makes for BAD productivity and implementation!
Icons-bad-ordering.jpg
FIX IT!

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

It truly baffles me how functionality that was already there was taken away to create this unnecessary annoyance.

May I also add that a Go button would be a welcome addition to the Address Bar? I would use it a bit myself, but others I introduce SJ to use it all the time and ask about it.

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

7bfb4bef wrote:THIS IS LONG OVERDUE TO BE FIXED... WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?
It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and BIG PAIN IN THE A$$ that the ICONS ARE OUT OF ORDER.
See below for another example of how bad this looks and makes for BAD productivity and implementation!
Icons-bad-ordering.jpg
FIX IT!

YES PLEASE FIX IT What was the problem with letting us arrange them how we wanted them?
Are you guys trying to be Windows 10? All or none, junk we don't need or want!

Still broken in 4.0.15.0 ROLLING BACK TO 4.0.10.0! MANUAL UPDATE OF ADOBE!
ThermalTake GT10, Asus Rampage V Exteme, i7-6950X (Raystorm water block), 32gigs DDR4-3000 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, OS HD's - 2 X 128gig Crucial M550's SSD's in Raid 0, Corsair SINGLE RAIL 1050 watt

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

Wow new release and it's still messed up :(
PLEASE FIX THE TOOLBAR - LET US CHOOSE WHERE THE ICONS GO.

It was a good browser when you had the choice on how it looked. But now it's just like every other google chrome clone. :(

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

Faster & faster :) that is great thank you!

But still SUPER ANNOYING BACKWARDS TOOLBAR :(

Is this something that will ever be fixed? FF is slow but with classic addon you can still move the icons where you want.
What is the problem if there is one with letting us choose? It's so annoying having them on the far right or in front of the arrows. :(

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

:( Well last two versions slower & slower still faster then most.
Linux still the fastest :)

But all still have the annoying flipped google chrome buttons :(
So I'm guessing this is never going to change?
Is it really that IMPOSSIBLE to let the users choose where the buttons go?

OK copy google chrome by default so if people switch their brains don't explode, but LEAVE THE OPTION FOR THE REST OF US TO PUT THE BUTTONS ON THE FAR FAR LEFT!

Thank you.

EDIT
Still rolling back to 4.0.10.0 after each update to see if it's been fixed then MANUAL UPDATE OF ADOBE FLASH.
I wish you guys would either fix the buttons or at least tell us you're never going to fix them you're following google chrome?

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

I would say the problem is that this feature is incredible hard to manage, if you for example are not creating your own UI and port that over from version to version, every Chromium update is breaking the code part you are adding, that gets tiresome and over complicated with time.

That is the main problem if you just change things in Chromium base without doing a complete own implementation - you are depending on good will of Google and when they make things too difficult or change things or remove code as they quite often to to make the browser more minimalistic and simplistic, you have to question the time and effort you are spending into a feature.

That is the sad way how it is :(

But even if you create a totally new UI (there is only actually one Chromium based browser that does that and offers never before seen features on Chromium platforms) Google makes it harder and harder to maintain that. The only real way to stay safe is to fork off Chromium codebase and develope on your own and backport necessary features and security patches in a manual way.

If you don't you lose customization, features, NPAPI support and so on... the list is already long and will get even longer in the future :(

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

Built-in Ad Blocker
Turbocharged downloader manager
Fully customizable toolbar Not anymore :(
QuickFill form filler I use Lastpass :)
Youtube video downloader
Local Weather forecast
Automatic photo shrinking to reduce upload time I hate this :) so annoying.
Photo enhancement before upload
Facebook integration People still use facebook?
Flexible web page translation
Type alias instead of long URL from address
Save web page screenshot
Auto refresh control
Multiple proxy switcher with support of socks5 proxy
Upload clipboard image with a single click
Address bar typed url history dropdown
Flexible new tab control options