Activate new tab by default

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
flashpeak
Site Admin

Activate new tab by default

Post by flashpeak »

Currently Slimjet opens a link in background by default when you right click on a link and select "Open In New Tab" or use the quicker way of middle-clicking a link. But I always feel most people would want to open it in foreground when they open a link in new tab. I would like to hear your comments about it. If more people likes it to be activated automatically, I can flip the default value of the switch.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Re: Activate new tab by default

Post by jeffhere »

I always believe some will want it one way, others the other way. I suggest always use a selectable option so the user can make their own choice.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I am only talking about the default setting for the option. The option itself is still kept.

We rarely take away options.
jeffhere wrote:I always believe some will want it one way, others the other way. I suggest always use a selectable option so the user can make their own choice.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

then, Foreground! :)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

foreground
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Tough question... Depends also if that tab you are opening is more or less important for you - you can also open tabs which you like to visit at a later point, so foreground could be distracting... so i vote for background ;)

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

background

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I guess the opinions are quite split on this one. I will leave it as it is (background) for now since most Chrome users are used to having it that way.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Terminal

Post by Terminal »

Yes, background is the best

Browsermaven

Post by Browsermaven »

I like the option to open it in the background but since the latest update it is opening in the foreground even though I do not have that option checked in the settings. :?