My Suggestion About Searching

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ekit1916

My Suggestion About Searching

Post by ekit1916 »

Hello everyone.
Today I wrote this post for letting people know my suggestion. Sorry for bad English!
Before using Slimjet, I used Opera. I had fast searching experience with Opera but Opera is not fast, lightweight and customizable enough so that the reason why now I use Slimjet.
In Opera, by using the ominibox you can switch between many search engines. And while you are reading you can select texts and right click-> Search with.. to search with other search engine instead of Google search.
Optional I think this feature is necessary and hope this will be added soon.
That's all I have to tell you. Any ideas about this, guys? :?:
Thank for reading.
Slimjet's user. :lol:

oftentired

Re: My Suggestion About Searching

Post by oftentired »

Look at Settings:Omnibox

Settings can be found after clicking the "gear" icon at the upper right just below the close X

dev

Post by dev »

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog Will give you right click/highlight text context menu search engines of your choice or if you highlight any text and wait a few seconds a pop up will happen and then you can search without right clicking

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I also use Selection Search, and find it excellent.

As for the address bar, I find it far easier to give each search engine a shortcut in Settings - say, "a" for Amazon - and use it in the address bar to direct the search.

ekit1916

Post by ekit1916 »

"In Opera, by using the ominibox you can switch between many search engines."
That means you don't have click on the search engine icon to see the dropdown menu (the icon is left to the bookmark icon). The dropdown-search engines menu will be displayed under search suggestion in a row and after chosing an un-default search engine and enter, the default one will be the current chosen engine next time.
About the right click-searching, I'd love to use the features which are available in a browser instead of installing extensions :|
Thank you for your posts
Slimjet's user.