Slimjet Portable: Copy / Import of the third user profile from a very old version into the current

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
nima_amin

Slimjet Portable: Copy / Import of the third user profile from a very old version into the current

Post by nima_amin »

Okay, this might be tricky. I have always used and still use Slimjet Portable, and I have an old test version of Slimjet P 21.0.8.0 here in which I had three profiles. In the current version of Slimjet P I have two profiles which I have constantly updated over the different Slimjet versions (basis there was 21.0.7.0 with only two profiles). Now I would like to copy / import the old third profile (still having the old horse avatar which I would like to keep) from the 21 Slimjet into the current Slimjet. However, simply copying the userdata\profile 3 folder from Slimjet 21 into the use data folder of Slimjet 40 does not work. If I open the current Slimjet after that I still have only two profiles. Also creating a virgin profile 3 in Slimjet 40 and then copying the content from the profile 3 from Slimjet 21 into that does nothing. Is there any help for this?

And when we are at this: where is the collection of avatar pictures to choose from for your profiles stored in Slimjet Portable?

oftentired

Re: Slimjet Portable: Copy / Import of the third user profile from a very old version into the current

Post by oftentired »

I have no idea about avatar pictures.

However, to pull the old profile up I would install the next major update from the version it was running from and pull up a copy, of course, of the old profile to that update and run Slimjet with it. Then install the next major update up from that and pull the profile up to it and run it. Rinse and repeat until you are using the version you want to run with the profile. I think as long as you patiently install each successive update and run that profile with each update it should succeed.

The reason I say major updates as that is typically when Slimjet moves to the next chromium version which is where you will get the needed adjustments made to the previous version profile to allow the profile to update into the updated chromium version.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11