Netflix Throwing Error "M7121-1331"

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
MiqW7394

Re: Netflix Throwing Error "M7121-1331"

Post by MiqW7394 »

Myself, I've found that the build of WideVine that Google employ in Chrome itself - when they re-build/package it from the Chromium source-code - is always that little bit newer than the version they provide on their servers for other Chromium-based 'clones' to download.

I package a whole bunch of 'portable' Linux versions of various Chromium-based browsers for the Puppy Linux community. In every case, I always "borrow" the WideVine direct from the current release of Chrome when I build/package these. To date, I've never had an issue with NetFlix.....and if I do, it's an easy 'fix' that I usually know the solution to.

Currently posting this from 64-bit 39.0.5.0.....and in the middle of watching Star Trek 'Voyager' on NetFlix. I wonder if the 'swap' trick might work for you guys in Windows?

Mike. ;)

MealsForOne

Post by MealsForOne »

heya, i came to post this very issue. I had this issue with Brave, I deleted the WidevineCdm and relaunched it, and it downloaded a new version. this fix however did not work on SlimJet =/
I also tried copying over Brave's WidevineCdm folder to SlimJet, and that didn't do it either.
i suppose my next attempt would be tediously replacing SlimJet files with Brave's til something clicks, and try to narrow it down from there.

has anyone actually figured out a solution to this?

MealsForOne

Post by MealsForOne »

MiqW7394 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:14 am
Myself, I've found that the build of WideVine that Google employ in Chrome itself - when they re-build/package it from the Chromium source-code - is always that little bit newer than the version they provide on their servers for other Chromium-based 'clones' to download.

I package a whole bunch of 'portable' Linux versions of various Chromium-based browsers for the Puppy Linux community. In every case, I always "borrow" the WideVine direct from the current release of Chrome when I build/package these. To date, I've never had an issue with NetFlix.....and if I do, it's an easy 'fix' that I usually know the solution to.

Currently posting this from 64-bit 39.0.5.0.....and in the middle of watching Star Trek 'Voyager' on NetFlix. I wonder if the 'swap' trick might work for you guys in Windows?

Mike. ;)
Hey Mike!
sounds like you really know what you're doing mixing the wires between these browsers.
If you shared a zip of your current SlimJet folder, would it work to solve the Netflix issue? I've been trying to merge folders from Brave, but without success.

MiqW7394

Post by MiqW7394 »

Um....o-kay.

Well, it's bad news time, boys & girls. According to all the research I've done, it seems that as far as Google is concerned - and it's THEIR build of the WideVine DRM module that has become ubiquitous, and the "industry standard" - Slimjet is simply using too old a build of the source code.

Google, instead of supporting several builds of WideVine back down the line for a good while, have decided they're only going to to support the latest + the previous build.....and in order for those to work, you've GOT to be running a very recent browser build. This is because Widevine works the same as GoogleEarth - a client/server model - and WideVine has to "check-in" with the Google mothership before it'll let you run it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, kids. Me, I'm beginning to lose faith in the Chromium 'clones', and have moved back to Firefox for the first time in a very long while; their build of Widevine is simple to install, easy to remove, and it just seems to "work".

-----------------

EDIT:- On second thoughts, the following has worked for me in Linux...
  • Unzip, and replace the existing libffmpeg.so with this up-to-date version. Annnd.....
.....NetFlix should be working again.

Mike. ;)

neillawrencekkd

Post by neillawrencekkd »

MiqW7394 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:58 am
Um....o-kay.

Well, it's bad news time, boys & girls. According to all the research I've done, it seems that as far as Google is concerned - and it's THEIR build of the WideVine DRM module that has become ubiquitous, and the "industry standard" - Slimjet is simply using too old a build of the source code.

Google, instead of supporting several builds of WideVine back down the line for a good while, have decided they're only going to to support the latest + the previous build.....and in order for those to work, you've GOT to be running a very recent browser build. This is because Widevine works the same as GoogleEarth - a client/server model - and WideVine has to "check-in" with the Google mothership before it'll let you run it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, kids.I'm starting to suspect that they'll soon need https://edubirdie.com/engineering-help in their work. Me, I'm beginning to lose faith in the Chromium 'clones', and have moved back to Firefox for the first time in a very long while; their build of Widevine is simple to install, easy to remove, and it just seems to "work".

-----------------

EDIT:- On second thoughts, the following has worked for me in Linux...
  • Unzip, and replace the existing libffmpeg.so with this up-to-date version. Annnd.....
.....NetFlix should be working again.

Mike. ;)
Hello, I'm very interested to know if you're aware of any plans from Slimjet developers to address the issue with Widevine DRM in future browser versions ? Has there been any announcement regarding this?