Website shortcuts created on desktop appear in programs list!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Kewpycat

Website shortcuts created on desktop appear in programs list!

Post by Kewpycat »

When I create a shortcut to a website on to the desktop, it then also appears in the "Apps and Features" list, as well as in the list of installed programs. (Win 10) The Apps and features list currently shows "259 Apps found", the vast majority of them are shortcuts that are currently on the desktop or had been there in the past but removed.

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thank you.

oftentired

Re: Website shortcuts created on desktop appear in programs list!

Post by oftentired »

This is a Slimjet browser user to user help forum not a Window 10 help forum. You should post your question on a Windows forum.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I've unlocked the Topic. EDIT your original post and include Slimjet in what you say. Detail specifically what your doing with Slimjet. Make it step by step when practicable. Specify that you have done the exact same thing with other browsers and explain what happens with them that is not happening with Slimjet.

Seeing your second PM. You could copy paste your PM in another Reply and perhaps get a conversation going about it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

So I'll close the case very quickly, the user installed the applications as a PWA from the browser
If you just want to install a shortcut, you'll have to go through Windows: right-click on the desktop, then "New > Shortcut", and all you have to do is paste the desired link. Result: a shortcut that doesn't appear in the program list.
Mr_Electro84 - From France

Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)