SlimJet & Extension | Comprehensive system optimization

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
PonnyLing

SlimJet & Extension | Comprehensive system optimization

Post by PonnyLing »

:D Hi everybody. (I live in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh city)

I am a first time SlimJet user, my goal is to find a browser to replace browsers like G.Chrome, F.Fox, Vivaldi, Opera... bla...bla... heavy on the system and consumes a lot of RAM.

I've tried SlimJet and I'm starting to like it, it's light and doesn't take too much RAM to run multiple TABs.

I combine with Extensions to speed up the browser more than half, Extensions include:

1. FasterWeb of manganum.app
2. Speed-Up Browsing by mubaidr
3. Local Cache of farazkamal
4. "MyCache" by Mayank Sindwani

Then I put the Cache, and Profile on the RAM drive. And the miracle appeared, the page load speed was very fast, ... SSD hard drive speed is nothing compared to the read and write speed of RAM.

----------

:?: I have a question, can we expand the cache memory to an unlimited level?

Because I see that, the maximum default for custom Cache storage is 2000 mb or 2 Gb. :!:

I want unlimited to speed up the loading process when going back to previous web pages.

----------
If anyone is using, in combination with some more optimal, better Extension, please point it out to me. :)

Thank you all for viewing and responding. ;) :D
:D Hi everybody ;)
----------
"I am using SlimJet on Win 7 Ultimate Superlite, Win 10 Pro 22H2, and Win 11 platform."

oftentired

Re: SlimJet & Extension | Comprehensive system optimization

Post by oftentired »

What do you use to initiate/create the RAM drive?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

PonnyLing

Post by PonnyLing »

oftentired wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:11 pm
What do you use to initiate/create the RAM drive?
----------
:D There are many software support for creating RAM drives. There is a fee, or it is free.

I use a variety of software, from Microsoft to Russian.

;) And I find it easy, easy to understand, easy to use is the software: SoftPerfect RAM Disk version 4.3

In addition, there are other software: Ultra RamDisk Pro, Primo Ramdisk Server Edition, GiliSoft RAMDisk, ...bla...bla...

Part of I like using RAM drives for browser CACHEs because I want to prolong the life of my SSD. :)

With the frequency of loading and writing operations, then reading, then writing again, not much or less... SSD physical hard drives are also affected.
:D Hi everybody ;)
----------
"I am using SlimJet on Win 7 Ultimate Superlite, Win 10 Pro 22H2, and Win 11 platform."

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I think that overall it is a good idea if you have enough RAM to use a RAM cache for browser. I used to do this years ago when I was running Win 98 :)

Those extensions look interesting. I am trying out 1 of them. The others I don't think will be as useful for my style of browsing.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11