Failed to merge video and audio data!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
amcsthrasher

Failed to merge video and audio data!

Post by amcsthrasher »

Can't convert video from youtube without getting this error "Failed to merge video and audio data!" New install of Windows 11 with SJ ver 39.0.5.0. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this. I tried installing ver 39.0.4.0 and had still same problem

oftentired

Re: Failed to merge video and audio data!

Post by oftentired »

see this active topic for the same issue

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3403
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

amcsthrasher

Post by amcsthrasher »

Thank you for your reply, I already reviewed all of the threads relating to this issue and there does not appear to be a resolution to the problem. if there is, could you kindly point out the resolution as I have been unable to find it. I read all of the post related to this problem and the only thing I found that I thought would be the solution was you telling someone to read up on decoder. I have installed 6 different previous versions of SJ and the problem is persistent. Do you know why this error occurs? If so could you please point me in the direction.

Respectfully,

Tom

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I have not read of a fix for the issue. This issue has cropped up several times. My best guess is that the decoder, coming from a third party, from time to time it lags behind changes that occur to the software that it interacts with. This might be a problem between the decoder and the webrowser or the website being interacted with. My main point is that this issue occurs periodically for reasons that the Slimjet developer has no direct control over and sometimes the resolution spans several updates.

I appreciate that you have read the other posts on this topic. I know it is frustrating not to find a solution.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11