SJ crashes upon opening, every time

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

SJ crashes upon opening, every time

Post by paul1149 »

Can anyone make sense of this? SJ was working fine on a Vista machine. Suddenly I can't open it. It crashes immediately.

I did a complete uninstall, manually picking through the debris and using CCleaner to scrub the registry. Reinstalled. Same thing.

See pic for error.

No problem with any other prog.

Thanks.

paul1149

Re: SJ crashes upon opening, every time

Post by paul1149 »

Turns out the "answer" was simply to uninstall Cyberlink's YouCam. What the heck do these two programs have to do with each other?

dev

Post by dev »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Cyber ... ing+chrome pretty much covers that. Software sure can be funny sometimes :)
Quick question tho as i know you do laptops and all that but why not install windows 7 on any vista machines.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I thought about it, but this one, on 32 bit, was running so nicely that it wasn't worth the effort. I don't take the licensing lightly.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

BTW, apparently that thread is correct. Updating YouCam is enough. I uninstalled and did a fresh install of it, and it seems to be fine now.

dev

Post by dev »

paul1149 wrote:I thought about it, but this one, on 32 bit, was running so nicely that it wasn't worth the effort. I don't take the licensing lightly.
Yeah great point and was just curious :) glad the search helped sort out the problem for you.