[Solved] How to move icons/extensions ...?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
slimject53

[Solved] How to move icons/extensions ...?

Post by slimject53 »

Hello,

The last issue. I hope I am not causing a lot of inconvenience due to my ignorance in the handling of a chromium based browser.

I need to know how I should do to accommodate the icons of the extensions that appear on the far right of the bar, as Dark Reader, Ublock Origin, etc..

I have tried to drag them but they do not yield I also use [Mays]+click, to move the icon of the extension to the place I want ... it does not work.

If someone could tell me the procedure, I would be very grateful.

Greetings.
Last edited by slimject53 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:geek:
MXLinux-21
Desktop: Xfce
Dell/Intel Core i5-8265U

oftentired

Re: How to move icons/extensions ...?

Post by oftentired »

Edited to Correct

With 2 or more visible Extension icons you should be able to drag n drop among those icons to re-arrange

Toolbar icons do not drag and drop, they do appear in the order that you add them to the toolbar.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimject53

Post by slimject53 »

Delete the icon?, see if the option is there ...?. "be able to get rid of it"?. :shock:

I do not understand anything of what you are saying here, I already explained that it is about moving it from one place to another ... thanks.
MXLinux-21
Dell/Intel Core i5-8265U

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

They do not drag.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimject53

Post by slimject53 »

Just in case anyone is interested in the subject, I found a way to do it: :idea:

The icon that is in the bar belonging to the extensions, 'click', and it opens a little window -- the one that gives multiple options to set or not the extensions you have added.

Well, I unset all the ones I have and then I set them one by one in the order I wanted to give them again. :D
MXLinux-21
Dell/Intel Core i5-8265U

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

oftentired wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:56 am
They do not drag.
They do for me. Maybe it is a Windows problem? I use MacOS.

oftentired

Re: [Solved] How to move icons/extensions ...?

Post by oftentired »

I'm pretty sure it is toolbar icons and not actual extension icons that are the subject of the topic. I didn't think to much of it at first and went right along with the topic and kept talking about extensions erroneously.

As it is, the extension icons, if you have 2 or more, can be re-arranged by drag and drop, but only within the area where extension icons are at. Toolbar icons do not re-arrange by drag and drop, but as the OP noted, are able to be arranged in the order you add them to the toolbar.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11