Some of the add-ons "hardwired" into the browser can be seen

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
aig.rus.

Some of the add-ons "hardwired" into the browser can be seen

Post by aig.rus. »

Part of the hidden add-ons "hardwired" into the browser can be seen using the launch with the key
--show-component-extension-options
But some can only be found by manually browsing the contents of the browser's resource files.

What in Slimjet 31.0.1.0 :

1. "Chrome Media Router"
Permissions
•View and change your data on the websites you visit
•Network connection management
•Screen capture
•Access to your email address
•Managing apps, extensions and themes
•discovering devices on your local network
•View and change settings for users and devices

2. "Chromium PDF Viewer"
Permissions
•Changing site access settings for cookies, JavaScript, plugins, geodata, microphone, camera, and other features

3. "CryptoTokenExtension"

I have temporarily stopped using Slimjet until ALL hidden extensions are found and removed.

Mr_Electro84

Re: Some of the add-ons "hardwired" into the browser can be seen

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Hello,
I don't understand at all, why I stopped using Slimjet with the only reason that there are hidden extensions, however, they are essential to the functioning of Slimjet, wanting their removal is a nonsense!

"Chrome Media Router"
It is an extension that allows videos, images, audio... to be displayed, it also allows transmission during video conferences (with WebRTC)

"Chromium PDF Viewer"
This extension allows you to display PDFs in the browser, without it, it will be impossible to read PDFs with Slimjet, by the way, did you know that Mozilla Firefox uses PDF.js to be able to display PDFs on the browser (but the library is developed in part by Mozilla, here we are almost the same case).

"CryptoTokenExtension"
It handles multi-factor authentication

By the way, these three extensions are in Chromium, and are part of the browser (check on Google Chrome, there will be the same extensions)

Once again, I don't understand why you want to remove them since they are essential for the browser

Thanks for reading the message
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

aig.rus.

Post by aig.rus. »

This is only a part of the discovered hidden ones. I don't like that they are non-removable. I can't find hidden extensions in ungoogled-chromium.
Slimjet is certainly the fastest browser, but mistrust is born. It is necessary to dissect hidden non-switchable canopies.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

While I find it interesting that what you call hidden extensions don't show up when viewing the Components ( chrome://components/ ). Essentially, I think that what they are is either a component or what I used to see when looking at the plugins (that view is no longer available). These items are things most Users do not, and I think mostly cannot, add to a browser using the extension functionality. However, for the functionality they provide, they are included in the Slimjet package by the developer.

Calling them hidden is misleading, and I think unnecessarily provocative, as they are not intended to be Extensions controlled by the User. They are components considered by the developer to be integral enough to the browser functionality to be included with the browser instead of having the User tac them on later (assuming it would be possible to do so).

Thinking about it some more. I have the opposite reaction that you have written here. I'm rather pleased that the developer has included them for functionality. I would prefer not to have to mess with any of that trying to add it myself. Also, I think in most chromium based browsers, if you look deep enough in the Settings under Privacy settings, I think you can find some of these things listed and toggle them.

So, I don't find it all that alarming. It is essentially, the same as the rest of the code written by the developer that is integrated with the chromium engine to make it uniquely the Slimjet browser. Only in the case of components, the developer is making use of code already written by someone else.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

aig.rus.

Post by aig.rus. »

To mow or not to mow?
The situation with "extra" add-ons has existed for more than a year, but due to the increase in the number of such "appendages" in the latest versions of chrome browsers, this issue has not lost its relevance today.

The question "to mow or not to mow?" - this is probably the most important question that everyone must decide for himself. The decision to "gnaw out" the possibilities laid down by the developer is made independently and only on the basis of one's personal beliefs, preferences, etc.

I will say right away - if you are "happy with everything" in your browser and / or you are too lazy to "tune" your browser - you can not read this article, you do not need all this. In general, live calmly and do not bother with "any nonsense" ...)

But if you still want something more than just "sparkles", and there is a desire to customize your browser "for yourself" - read on and try.

So, turn on the head, take the "file" and let's go! :)
goodcrx.ucoz.club/publ/4-1-0-34

aig.rus.

Post by aig.rus. »

Now, when you start Slimjet, Yandex (KGB) opens. Slimjet became sponsored by Putin's war. This is a bad sign.