Actions in wrong order?

Slimjet bug reports
guyinsuffolk

Actions in wrong order?

Post by guyinsuffolk »

I'm not sure whether this counts as a 'bug' but it's certainly an 'irritation' for me, so here goes anyway . . .

Like many people, I'm sure, I have Slimjet configured to delete my browsing history upon closing. I occasionally click on the 'Close' button by mistake, when I only want to close a single tab (rather than quitting Slimjet altogether). Slimjet then helpfully asks me whether I really want to close all my tabs, thus preventing me from doing so when I don't actually want to. However it only does so after clearing my browsing history, meaning that I then get logged out of the half a dozen or so sites that I'm logged into at that time. Wouldn't it be better if those action were reversed, so that browsing history isn't deleted before one has a chance to cancel an inadvertent 'close' instruction?

7PHC6ENB

Re: Actions in wrong order?

Post by 7PHC6ENB »

Maybe close to what you want:

there is an option in Settings/Advanced/Tab options
"Close browser window when closing last tab"

You can switch it off. ;)

guyinsuffolk

Re: Actions in wrong order?

Post by guyinsuffolk »

Thanks for taking the time to post, 7PHC6ENB, but that's not my problem.

I'm referring to the occasional times when I accidentally click on the 'X' at the top right of the browser window, when I should have only clicked on the 'X' on an individual tab. Slimjet thoughtfully asks me whether I really want to close the browser as a whole, rather than just a single tab. However only does so AFTER it's cleared my browser history. If, say, I'm logged into half a dozen different websites at the time, I then have to log back into all of them.

So I'd like Slimjet to be configured to 'ask first and then delete second'. It would seem to be far more logical!