[Fixed] Playing Netflix Video Issue

Slimjet bug reports
flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Widevine plugin missing in Slimjet

Post by flashpeak »

It is probably not due to your change. I believe Netflix did something on their side recently. I tried the original Chrommium and it doesn't work with Netflix either with the html5 option on.

With the html5 option turned off, can you try the same video in Chrome and see if the video is played by silverlight? You can right click on the playing video and you should see a popup menu with only one item "silverlight".

Do you by any chance have a second computer on which you can try the same thing?
LimboSlam wrote:Hey man I did everything, it's not working! I'm trying to remember everything I did two weeks ago???? What could have happened?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Ok! I finally got it working, thanks for the help FlashPeak! :) But there are some bugs, here are some I found:

1) Netflix sometimes fails to load on Slimjet (only)
2) A black screen shows and can only hear the audio play
3) Parts of the movie glitches or has black spots showing
4) Loads more or only loads the adult movies than the kids

PS: yes I have another pc and will give it a try

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Well, can you share what did you do to get it to work again?
LimboSlam wrote:Ok! I finally got it working, thanks for the help FlashPeak! :) But there are some bugs, here are some I found:

1) Netflix sometimes fails to load on Slimjet (only)
2) A black screen shows and can only hear the audio play
3) Parts of the movie glitches or has black spots showing
4) Loads more or only loads the adult movies than the kids

PS: yes I have another pc and will give it a try
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Sorry for the late reply. :)

Here's what I did:
1) Cleared my browsing data, restored my settings to original defaults and deleted my current user
2) Used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Slimjet and then removed the left overs found by it
3) Used CCleaner to scan for anything Revo Uninstaller might of missed
4) Reinstalled a fresh Slimjet and started from scratched, (re-added all my extensions, my bookmarks, customized my settings to my liking) did not restore/import my bookmarks and settings or sync my data

Finally! After all that it worked, Netflix is playing again!

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

LimboSlam, is netflix still working for you in 2.1.5.0? Somehow in my netflix account, the option to choose between html 5 player or silverlight is gone. Now netflix always uses html5 video for streaming in slimjet, which wouldn't work due to the lack of h.264 decoder support in Slimjet at this moment.

Can you verify if it is the same case for you? We are working on another workaround to solve this problem.

LimboSlam wrote:Sorry for the late reply. :)

Here's what I did:
1) Cleared my browsing data, restored my settings to original defaults and deleted my current user
2) Used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Slimjet and then removed the left overs found by it
3) Used CCleaner to scan for anything Revo Uninstaller might of missed
4) Reinstalled a fresh Slimjet and started from scratched, (re-added all my extensions, my bookmarks, customized my settings to my liking) did not restore/import my bookmarks and settings or sync my data

Finally! After all that it worked, Netflix is playing again!
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Yeah I noticed that too, it's not working. I actually had to changed my UA (using an extension) and it works. I know under dev tools you can do the same thing, but its only temporarily. My new UA is opera's current release. Is there a way to make the UA different only on Netflix without any extensions and is permanent? Maybe you should just implement H.264 codec into Slimjet asap.

Heres the extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nhmmbodake
Other user agents: http://useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Actually, the workaround I am working on is doing the same thing. We simply had to pass the UA of an older version of Chrome (such as Chrome 30) to netflix so that it will believe the browser doesn't have full-fledged html5 video support and use silverlight instead. I will publish this workaround in the next couple of days.

We are getting started on the h.264 codec work. But it might take some time. Basically, we will try to do it in the same way as firefox does, i.e., calling the codecs shipped with windows 7.
LimboSlam wrote:Yeah I noticed that too, it's not working. I actually had to changed my UA (using an extension) and it works. I know under dev tools you can do the same thing, but its only temporarily. My new UA is opera's current release. Is there a way to make the UA different only on Netflix without any extensions and is permanent? Maybe you should just implement H.264 codec into Slimjet asap.

Heres the extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nhmmbodake
Other user agents: http://useragentstring.com/pages/useragentstring.php
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

That's great! Thanks. Oh, if for some reason this does not work out, the error code "M7355-1203" means it doesn't recognize the browser. I don't know if that has anything to do with or not.

username

Post by username »

I had to create an account to post this work-around.

download this extension for Slimjet:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... g?hl=en-US

Click on the icon that is created on the top right hand corner. Select Firefox -> Firefox 15 (or any other Mozilla-based browser). (Internet Explorer doesn't work, as it gives you an ActiveX error.)

Enjoy!

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We've created a fix for it in 2.1.6.0. Can you guys try it out and see how it works?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.