Features wish list

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Scribe_uk

Features wish list

Post by Scribe_uk »

These are the things that for me would make SJ even better - in order of preference...

1/ The ability to move the main menu button to the left, or provide a customizable button that could be placed there.
2/ A Zoom slider on a new status bar, or a customizable '+ - default' button - the one that is provided isn't very easy to use.
3/ More space on the Speed Dials for the title - this issue is also common to SB and SBt as well. Something like Opera would be really good.
4/ I'm used to a 'Go' button on the address bar - I know Chrome doesn't have one but maybe that could be provided.
5/ A customizable Screenshot button(s).
6/ Customizable Mouse Gestures.

I know that in some cases there are extensions available, but it would be nice if it was all there 'out of the box.'

I hope that at least some of my suggestions might be possible and worthy of consideration. :)
Last edited by Scribe_uk on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

SJ_Diamond

Re: Features wish list

Post by SJ_Diamond »

A go button is already available in the about:flags Chromium experiments page :) The flag which enable this feature is the following ones:

-Enable search button in Omnibox Mac, Windows, Chrome OS
(Places a search button in the Omnibox. #search-button-in-omnibox)

Of course it is not known if the Chromium makers will remove that flags again, but perhaps the Slimjet guys can make sure that these flags will be kept in Slimjet :)

Scribe_uk

Post by Scribe_uk »

Excellent! Many thanks for the info on the Go button. SJ just got a lot better! :D

nordnord

Post by nordnord »

One thing I would like to see is a portable apps version of SlimJet, so I can take it with me on my USB stick.

Thanks for listening.

dmatting

Post by dmatting »

I need details on how to set the flag for the "Go" button. Thanks.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

first enter this in the address field : about:flags
then search for "Enable search button in Omnibox Mac, Windows, Chrome OS"

Restart the browser and you have your button :) But beware, it is a Chromium experiment. While it is here right now, there is no guarantee that the Chromium makers will make out of it a "real feature" or that they will not remove it at some point again if they think it is worthless for their users.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I have to say the Go button in the omnibox as available in Chromium looks ugly. I turned it off again immediately.
Personally, I can't think of any real use for the go button. If you are using the keyword, just press enter. Otherwise, if you are pasting an address, just use the context menu "Paste & Go". Why do you need a go button anyway?
SJ_Diamond wrote:A go button is already available in the about:flags Chromium experiments page :) The flag which enable this feature is the following ones:

-Enable search button in Omnibox Mac, Windows, Chrome OS
(Places a search button in the Omnibox. #search-button-in-omnibox)

Of course it is not known if the Chromium makers will remove that flags again, but perhaps the Slimjet guys can make sure that these flags will be kept in Slimjet :)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I believe it will be requested by many other users as well. We will see if it can be done.
nordnord wrote:One thing I would like to see is a portable apps version of SlimJet, so I can take it with me on my USB stick.

Thanks for listening.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

SJ_Diamond

Post by SJ_Diamond »

Because of the choice :) Such small features like this gives the user the feeling he/she can make the browser look like they want and not how the developers want to have it for their users. Sadly the big browser companies like Opera and Mozilla have forgotten about the word choice.

slimjetcho

Post by slimjetcho »

Please add features from SlimBrowser, not fancy but simple and usefull.
(Edited: oops did not see was already added. Super! "Tab Bar" with dubble click close and "New Tab' auto create tab when URL is entered. )
Ad "Mouse" simple mouse gesture. "Groups" and startup specified group.
All features that made SlimBrowser special, and simple to use.