How does Slimjet make money?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
danielson

How does Slimjet make money?

Post by danielson »

Other than donations, how does Slimjet survive financially?

oftentired

Re: How does Slimjet make money?

Post by oftentired »

On the toolbar, the Shop at Amazon and Shop on eBay buttons will appear on the toolbar after you visit the associated website. They generate a small amount. I don't know if it is per click or just having them in the browser. And I don't know how much.

There is a "log" of some sort that tracks that they have been sent to the toolbar, and they are supposed to only show up the one time. And, then you would either leave the icon there or adjust the toolbar to send them away.

On some of the major updates, and if you uninstall everything and then re-install during troubleshooting, they will appear again the next time you hit one of those websites.

Also, I think there may be some advertisement on the Slimjet website, but I've not really paid attention to that.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

On the toolbar, the Shop at Amazon and Shop on eBay buttons will appear on the toolbar after you visit the associated website.
A feechur which is easy to turn off on the level of the individual button.

Total avoidance of Facebook in particular is an absolute necessity of good security. :mrgreen:

danielson

Post by danielson »

Imagine Slimjet search must help a bit too?
Ebay icon doesn't bother me much.
If it helps any to leave it there, so be it.

Facebook off for sure! :)

neillawrencekkd

Post by neillawrencekkd »

Passenger wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:10 am
On the toolbar, the Shop at Amazon and Shop on eBay buttons will appear on the toolbar after you visit the associated website.
A feechur which is easy to turn off on the level of the individual button.
In fact, everything is banally simple. The first is advertising on the site. Most likely, this is where they make the most profit. I recently read about fintech solutions, found https://dashdevs.com/ for this. I think you can learn a lot there. Most likely, if someone wants to create a website for a business, they need to ask for help. Since at first it will be difficult to create income.

Total avoidance of Facebook in particular is an absolute necessity of good security. :mrgreen:
cool, I'll let you know