Urgent: Slimjet is transforming Google into Bing (including te logo)

Slimjet bug reports
nima_amin

Urgent: Slimjet is transforming Google into Bing (including te logo)

Post by nima_amin »

Help, just one minute ago when I typed in a search (standard search engine is original Google), the results were coming up in Bing and the logo of Google search engine in the dropdown/list has been changed to the b of Bing even thoough it's www.google.de. What spooky thing is THIS? Screenshot available, if you tell me how to attach.

Deleted both Bing and Google and thought to readd Google, but it is not possible to make Google Standard (all others are possible)

oftentired

Re: Urgent: Slimjet is transforming Google into Bing (including te logo)

Post by oftentired »

Attachments are not allowed in this forum. You can host it somewhere online and link it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Hello,
For screenshots, you can host it on https://www.cjoint.com/ and link it on the forum, attachements is not supported (or allowed) in the forum.
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Also, it is very important to include your Slimjet version number and your PC operating system information.

And, as your the only one who has complained of this. My first thought is that it is something going on with your PC that is affecting Slimjet, not the other way around.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

Windows 10 Professional
Slimjet portable current version

Adware cleaner - no finds
Malwarebytes - no finds

The phenomenon is known for years. It is similar to this https://www.rnd.de/digital/chrome-brows ... ATZG4.html - only that I don't have Office 365 - and obviously when there is no "malware" involved there is no solution offeredby all these artickes describing it.
However it is true that it started after having applied the regular Windows updates on 17th night, first time I used the PC after these udates was yesterday.

I use Pale Moon portable and Slimjet portable as browsers - depending on the needs - and Pale Moon portable is not at all affected by this.

https://www.cjoint.com/c/KDtseoTVCwB

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

https://www.cjoint.com/c/KDtvJldgOsB

Search for "Sellschop" in Google Search line (next to URL line in browser). Results appeared in Google, but were too many, moreover since a few days you get only stores and useless ads and stuff as first results (this is also new) , so I entered "Sellschop organist" in the search field on top of the Google page, results then come up in Bing!

The search line in Google itself is completely unusable. You enter your search and results come up in Bing. The Google search line in the browser (next to URL line) gives results in Google, but only the first page, if you have to click on second/third/fourth page, results are displayed in Bing again.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It sounds very similar to what happens to edge when you try to switch from bling to another search engine. I'm thinking it is possible MS is being invasive here. Their stuff from an update won't come up as malware, so this may be hard to dodge. Have to keep googling see if it comes up for other people.

Also, you have a lot of extensions. I suggest you have all instances of Slimjet shutdown and then run a window in incognito mode and try to reproduce the problem without any extensions running.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11