How to report a bug that is probably Chromium's

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
scott092707

How to report a bug that is probably Chromium's

Post by scott092707 »

I am starting to use the new SlimJet linux version that has the first Chromium version (#87.xxx) that can run natively under Wayland (using the options: --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform --ozone-platform=wayland).

I have two bugs that I need to report that appear to be Chromium's, but conceivably could be SlimJet's.

I don't know where to file them.

If they are Chromium's, then probably SJ cannot do anything to fix them, but Chromium may well not want to deal with a bug that could have been introduced after SJ got it and made its modifications.

Perhaps I should file them here, and then if SJ says it has nothing to do with it, then file it with Chromium (giving only the Chromium version, and "accidentally" omitting to mention that it really was SlimJet).

What do you think?

(Also (just curious), what does the dev do when he is working on a new version of SJ and finds a Chromium bug - does he report it to Chromium?)

oftentired

Re: How to report a bug that is probably Chromium's

Post by oftentired »

I'm moving this topic to the General forum.

As for reporting bugs. If you use the Gear icon menu and then Help and then Online Feedback, you can report bugs there.

I am sending an email to the developer and aiming his attention at your post. He may or may not respond.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

scott092707

Post by scott092707 »

> ...use the Gear icon menu and then Help and then Online Feedback, you can report bugs there.
I have done so.

"Thanks for completing the online feedback form.
Your feedback is critical to help us improve our products."

Will bugs reported in that manner be transferred to the Bug Reports forum section?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

This is strictly a user help forum. That is, one user helping another user. So no, the developer does not use the Bug forum of this board to display or post about bugs reported using the Online help page. In limited situations he has posted on the forum. For example, he has posted about a Known Issue in the forum of that same name.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11