bad ad-block some sites

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
swanpaul

bad ad-block some sites

Post by swanpaul »

hi, I've been using slimjet for a few months and i say it's great, fast, light, really good product.

but unfortunately on some sites the ad-block block prevents it from loading. these sites detect ad-blocks and ask for their exclusion.
immediately i put a tick on "disable on this site", then if it is not enough "disable on the whole domain"
but sometimes that's not enough, so i disable ad-block completely.
but even this does not allow you to load the page of the site.
I have to close slimjet to open a browser that does not have ad-block or completely disable the installed adblock extension. in this case it works, the site is loaded, unlike slimjet which with an integrated ad-block does not allow the complete exclusion of the ad-block service...

i hope on next future version of slimjet way of better ad-block exclusion when this is intercepted by some sites.
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32
Native ad-blocker enabled

Passenger

Re: bad ad-block some sites

Post by Passenger »

I recommend disabling the native ad blocker and installing AdBlock Plus.

Of course there is an arms race between the ad blockers and the anti ad blockers, but AdBlock Plus tends to stay ahead.

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

the problem is not a native ad-block or anything like that...
on some particular site i could browse even with ad-block disabled, no problem for that.
problem is that even disabled native ad-blocker, the site in question however detects it and does not allow the page to load...
so i have to use another browser that doesn't have any ad-block installed (like firefox, or better waterfox x64)

i hope on next release of slimjet that native ad-block can be turned off altogether, better, so that the site in question does not detect it (if disabled).
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

another epic example is https://uploadrar.com/
it's impossible to download from this site. have tick "disable from this site" and "disable from this domain"
also disable all ad-block
i have also put new rules manually to authorized domains to uploadrar.com but nothing works: after a few seconds of time counting, the site intercepts slimjet's ad-block and asks you to disable the filter. and there is no possibility of continuing. if you have to use another browser!
and this also applies to many other sites.
this is really frustrating.
I hope slimjet developers can modify ad-block so they can rule it out altogether, better than now.
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Not a Slimjet issue because I disabled the native ad blocker.
See sig for my exact set up.

Hope this helps.

And failing all else ...

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

you have Ad-block plus! i talk with default ad-block inside slimjet...

me too with my chrome (or better vivaldi) i have ad-block extension installed. disable this, all work fine.
problem is with slimjet and ad-block integrated into the browser.

you can't turn it off completely. a site like uploadrar still sees it active. ever. this is the problem!
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

If they are that hot to prevent ad blockage, maybe they are up to no good?

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

no good??
this site (uploadrar) is good and it contains something that interests me. but it's not just about this specific site. as already mentioned, the native integrated ad-blocker in slimjet is not turned off altogether, as instead happens with apart extensions such as AD-Block for chrome: with the native here you can not completely deactivate and therefore in some sites you can not browse. you need to close slimjet and use another browser. this is a serious damage to slimjet, in my humble opinion.
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

swanpaul

Post by swanpaul »

from setting - advanced it is possible disable completely ad-block and that seems to work well ...!
OS -- win 7 x64
Slimjet 36.0.4.0 x32

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

swanpaul wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:43 pm
from setting - advanced it is possible disable completely ad-block and that seems to work well ...!
nice, thanks.

This is not a bug. Moved to General Forum.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11