Bookmark bar text only and about:config

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
saturn22

Bookmark bar text only and about:config

Post by saturn22 »

How can I get text only for my bookmark bar items? I don't want icons plus text or icons only. I want text only.

Also, how do I access about:config? It does not seem to work like other Chrome browsers.

Thank you.

jazei-AR

Re: Bookmark bar text only and about:config

Post by jazei-AR »

Icosn yes or yes :( :( :( :(
From Argentina, Spanish language, I'm using Win 7 Pro (64 bit) 4 Gb RAM, using 32 bit SlimJet

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

saturn22 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:42 pm
Also, how do I access about:config? It does not seem to work like other Chrome browsers.
Are you looking for
chrome://version
or if not look at this list
chrome://about
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

saturn22 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:42 pm
How can I get text only for my bookmark bar items? I don't want icons plus text or icons only. I want text only.
I'm not laughing at you, but this is almost funny. A couple years ago, before there were bookmark icons... everyone else had bookmark icons... so the complaint was, why don't we have icons in front of our bookmarks like everyone else does. So, the dev eventually went and added the icons. Apparently he forgot that some folks would only want the text.

I looked around in the flags and I tried removing SJ access from the favicon files so it does not use favicons from the internet. But, SJ still displays a generic icon hardcoded into the browser in place of the favicon from the internet. So I don't have a work-a-round for you.

By the way, they are called "Favicons"
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

There is no about:config for Slimjet. Are you confusing this with Mozilla-derived browsers?