Video transcoder not installing

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
belatedbespeckled

Video transcoder not installing

Post by belatedbespeckled »

I discovered the Slimjet Youtube Video Downloader tool. The installing of the video transcoder after two hours continues to tell me to wait till it finishes installing.
I read the Slimjet Youtube Video Downloader help page. I disabled the Slimjet Ad Blocker. I went to a youtube video in Slimjet. Started playing the video. The Download Video Button came up so I clicked it. The message “Click OK to download and install video transcoder” so I clicked OK. After some time, I clicked the download icon left of the web address. Told me video transcoder was being downloaded and to wait. After a time, I clicked again. The message changed to “Video transcoder is being installed. Please wait”. After two hours it continued to give me the message “Video transcoder is being installed. Please wait”.
Is there something I am doing wrong? I use a Windows 10 user account for everything and not a admin account. I can’t believe that a small bit of code can take so long to install. Is there a different way to manually download and install the Slimjet Youtube Video Downloader tool? Thank you for the help.

oftentired

Re: Video transcoder not installing

Post by oftentired »

Win 10 has that security aspect that forces you to enter credentials every time a programs wants to make certain changes. Perhaps you've modified the behaviour choices of that and it is behind the scenes doing its thing? So you may need to go look at that. It is called User Account Control settings.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

belatedbespeckled

so i run slimjet with admin permissions? How do you run slim jet? do you use a windows user account when searching the web with slimjet? I always do as much as i can in a user account because that is more safe. i run slimjet in a user account without admin permissions. this is the first time that admin permissions were required for installing something in any browser i use. I have already added extensions to slimjet without the need of admin permission.
If i install the Slimjet Youtube Video Downloader tool with admin permissions, will this tool be available when i normally use slimjet in user account without admin permissions?

belatedbespeckled

I ran slimjet as administrator. so that is full permissions. I had the same message “Video transcoder is being installed. Please wait”. What do you suggest I do to successfully install Slimjet Youtube Video Downloader tool?

Joel

Post by Joel »

I am having the same problem. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

slimjetuser55

Post by slimjetuser55 »

Here the same problem, I posted a topic about this in bug reports

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The previous third-party host for ffmpeg windows binary build was already shutdown. We just switched to a new server. But it offers only 64-bit for now. If you are using 64-bit windows (you don't have to use slimjet 64), it should work fine. I believe most people use 64-bit windows now.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

slimjetuser55

Post by slimjetuser55 »

Thanks for the replay, it works now!.

holyservant

Post by holyservant »

in windows 10 ( 64bit )

1. slimjet browser download and install
2. you need two folder in C:\Users\{login_account}\AppData\Local\