Google Login Problem

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
fargeneral

Google Login Problem

Post by fargeneral »

I am troubled login to my google account on windows 10. I tried to remove Slimjet completely with all remaining folders and reinstall it, but it did not help. I even tried the portable version but without lock!
Could you kindly please help me?

josegimcam

Re: Google Login Problem

Post by josegimcam »

Also I have noticed that, for sometime now, if you have two or more gmail accounts, when you change from one to the other by loging off it does not retrieve the correct password, instead it puts the password of the account you just closed. Before there was no problem with this and I cannot tell you since when this is happening, but it must be for 1 or months now. Other browsers don't have this problem. Thanks

Crmcrmll

Post by Crmcrmll »

Same here, but i don't think it's related to the wrong password becouse in that case you would be told about it.
By me it happened after a fresh installation of win 10, no problem indeed on another pc.
If i try to connect as guest or in an anom windows i can with no issues...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Just as an aside, it seems to me that letting a web browser (any web browser) store a Google password is a terrible security exposure.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Passenger wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:27 pm
Just as an aside, it seems to me that letting a web browser (any web browser) store a Google password is a terrible security exposure.
amen brother
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

If you think that store a Google password is a terrible security exposure in any browser you should not offer to save passwords.
By the way, my point remains unanswered:
Also I have noticed that, for sometime now, if you have two or more gmail accounts, when you change from one to the other by loging off it does not retrieve the correct password, instead it puts the password of the account you just closed. Before there was no problem with this and I cannot tell you since when this is happening, but it must be for 1 or months now. Other browsers don't have this problem. Thanks
I had Slimjet as my default, now i'm using edge till this thing is addressed. Thanks.

Crmcrmll

Post by Crmcrmll »

josegimcam wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 pm
If you think that store a Google password is a terrible security exposure in any browser you should not offer to save passwords.
Sorry for saying this but according to your logic people shouldn't have sharp knives becouse among them there is Jack The Ripper :)
Anyway i notice as well the thingh about the password but changing it manually made the trick to me, and what about the login? Are You able to do it? Unfortunately it is impossible for me, i even tried to import the app data-files from another pc but slimjet resets automatically some settings: i wonder wether exist a way to prevent it...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

There are some passwords that are OK to save, but Google is a surveillance app.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I know there is a workaround when it says that's not the password you go back and it grabs the correct password. That's not my point, my point is that for many years now it all worked fine and from I don't know when (months probably) it's not working. It works fine wit Edge and Firefox.
I don't know much about programming but somebody did something and now it's not working.
Thanks.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

By the way, you could ask why I didn't detect this earlier, that is because I'm trying Edge Chromium and all works fine there. I don't known if it's a google thing. I had Slimjet as my default for many years and, as far as I know, is the browser with the less, by far, impact in memory, so for me with 4 GB RAM is perfect.
Thanks.