How to disable incognito mode?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
mabarboy

How to disable incognito mode?

Post by mabarboy »

I was wondering if there is an option to disable incognito mode in Slimjet? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Passenger

Re: How to disable incognito mode?

Post by Passenger »

I'm not sure what you want.

The default is for it to start *not* in incognito mode. Is it doing that correctly?

If so, do you want to configure it so incognito is not accessible?

mabarboy

Post by mabarboy »

Yeah, I want to remove the option to use incognito mode. The reason is that I want to keep a watch on what multiple users on a computer are browsing. By disabling the feature, the users' browsing history, for instance can be monitored or kids making use of it to access inappropriate content can be prevented.

The steps to disable private browsing in other browsers can easily be found online but any idea how to do that in Slimjet?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Whatever it is for Chrome should work for Slimjet.

Try that and please report back. I'd like to try it just to see how it works.

mabarboy

Post by mabarboy »

For Chrome it can be done by using Registry Editor and adding a new DWORD (32-bit) value with the name IncognitoModeAvailability then setting its value = 1 at the following registry address: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome.

Have tried Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Slimjet, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Slimjet and Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\FlashPeak\Slimjet but none of them work.

Now to achieve the same thing for Slimjet, what is the correct registry address?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Hmm. I poked around the registry a bit just to see what contains the string "Slimjet" but nothing obvious to try pops out at me. I don't like fiddling with the registry though I do make regular backups.

Anyone else? Maybe something with "flags" so no direct messing with the registry needed?