Page does not load correctly

Slimjet bug reports
josegimcam

Re: Page does not load correctly

Post by josegimcam »

Sorry. Tried in incognito without adblocker and it does load as it should. The only thing that one sees is the picture posted by passenger.
Many months ago one can upload images here but I don't see it now. I was going to post a picture of what appears in Firefox or Edge, which is a very long page, but I don't have the option.
I have adblocker plus in Firefox and the page loads perfectly.
There must be something wrong with Slimjet.
Thanks.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

josegimcam wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 am
Sorry. Tried in incognito without adblocker and it does load as it should. The only thing that one sees is the picture posted by passenger.
Many months ago one can upload images here but I don't see it now. I was going to post a picture of what appears in Firefox or Edge, which is a very long page, but I don't have the option.
I have adblocker plus in Firefox and the page loads perfectly.
There must be something wrong with Slimjet.
Thanks.
Nat Geo loads fine w/o Incognito Mode and SJ ad block enabled. Doesn't appear that SJ is broken as a whole but your installation seems to be partially broken as mine perhaps is in relation to the stupid "List of tabs" button that appears wherever it wants rather than at the end beside the New Tab button like it should. :oops:

As for pics, you have to upload it to an online host like Imgur and link to it using the I<G tags to enclose the URL which will embed it here on the forum.

Code: Select all

[img]insert image URL here[/img]

ArnoldKMB

Post by ArnoldKMB »

I'm trying it now in both regular and incognito mode and both work fine for me. Have you tried making a clean reinstall of Slimjet on your device?

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

What do you mean with clean install?. Deleting also the keys in regedit?. Also, why this is the only link that have this problem?.
Thanks.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

josegimcam wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 am
What do you mean with clean install?. Deleting also the keys in regedit?. Also, why this is the only link that have this problem?.
Thanks.
First, backup your SlimJet information. It can be found here in case you are not aware. C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\AppData\Local\Slimjet
Of course the drive letter and username are specific to your machine. In that folder is the info to backup, the User Data folder.

You can do a few things...

Download the portable version and run it without changing or adding anything to it and see if that works.

On your current installation of SlimJet open Settings and type "Reset settings" then click to do just that and see if it helps.

Uninstall and reinstall SlimJet and see if it works properly afterward.

One (or more) of these things will almost certainly fix or help you to fix the issue.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

There must be something with my computer because did all that and the problem persists. That's why I was thinking there was something wrong with Slimjet.
Thanks.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

josegimcam wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
There must be something with my computer because did all that and the problem persists. That's why I was thinking there was something wrong with Slimjet.
Thanks.
Weird that even the portable version would have this same issue.

Couple things that come to mind that MIGHT be a factor.

Do you have a custom DNS or any filtering via your router? While unlikely this can create issues and no matter what you use things would route through and thus be affected.

Forgive me if you already tried but did you state other web browsers were working fine? Do you have more than one computer and if so does it happen with both?

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Only one computer. And this doesn't happen with Edge (before and chromium) and Firefox.
Thanks.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

josegimcam wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Only one computer. And this doesn't happen with Edge (before and chromium) and Firefox.
Thanks.
Certainly sounds like for some reason this instance of SJ on this system is jacked up... now to narrow down why is apparently the challenge at hand!

When you tried the portable version did you do anything other than open and go to the page?

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

With version 25.0.6.0 the issue has been corrected!
So, it wasn't me as I suspected.
Thanks.