Stop windows 10 spying

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
dev

Stop windows 10 spying

Post by dev »

paul1149

Re: Stop windows 10 spying

Post by paul1149 »

Thank you, dev. Whenever I see something like this, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm glad I'm over Windows, on the other, I feel sorry for those still trapped in the manipulative MS economy.

It's almost impossible to run Win7 updates now. MS has sabotaged the process to push people to Win10.

Linux is ready for prime time. I have used it now as my main OS for a good year, and while there are a few areas where it's not as polished as Windows, it is solid as a rock, fast and trouble-free. And it comes relatively free of the politics and greed that characterize MS products. Now that I have LibreOffice set up to suit my needs, including a powerful set of macros, I no longer need MS Office. That was my main stumbling block. And WINE allows most Windows programs to be run anyway. Slimjet, BTW, runs great on Linux.

Those who haven't tried it should run Linux from a DVD or USB stick to test it out. It has come a long way.

Uncle Sam

Re: Stop windows 10 spying

Post by Uncle Sam »

I'm happy for you that you liked it, but installing linux and disabling surveillance in win 10 are different things. That would be like offering to trade in a Mercedes with a flat tire for a tractor. I tried linux - I did not like it, not convenient, glitchy system. There are few programs, etc. :shock: :D