How To Manually Update Pepperflash

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
sjfandan

Post by sjfandan »

I have been fighting with Flash Player issues in SJ for a few days. Have discovered that the Pepperflash plugin (v. 18.0.0.203) needs to be updated to the same version as Adobe Flash (18.0.0.209). If I enable Pepperflash under plugins I get an error message whenever I visit a Flash-enabled site like Spotify that the plugin is out of date and needs to be updated. If I disable it and use Adobe Flash, the message goes away.

Anybody with Slimjet or otherwise know when the Pepperflash plugin will get updated? Thanks!
Last edited by oftentired on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Renamed Topic and Moved to Tips and Tricks

oftentired

Re: When Will Pepperflash Plugin Get Updated?

Post by oftentired »

What's New - Slimjet Version History aka Flashpeak Development Log

Version 4.0.14.0

• Make flash player updatable as an component (Visit chrome://components )
• Updated flash player to 18.0.0.209

If you don't want to have to remember or type out "chrome://components" just bookmark the page once you navigate to it the first time

INFO UPDATE:
flashpeak wrote:If you wish to update flash, go to chrome://components, locate the flash component and click "check for Update". It should update you to 19.0.0.226. The newer version of flash will be stored under your slimjet profile. The older version under the Slimjet program folder no longer matters.
Last edited by oftentired on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: November 4, 2015
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

beast-usa

Post by beast-usa »

sjfandan wrote:I have been fighting with Flash Player issues in SJ for a few days. Have discovered that the Pepperflash plugin (v. 18.0.0.203) needs to be updated to the same version as Adobe Flash (18.0.0.209). If I enable Pepperflash under plugins I get an error message whenever I visit a Flash-enabled site like Spotify that the plugin is out of date and needs to be updated. If I disable it and use Adobe Flash, the message goes away.

Anybody with Slimjet or otherwise know when the Pepperflash plugin will get updated? Thanks!
I keep rolling back to version 4.0.10.0 because of the messed up toolbar. So I update the ADOBE Pepperflash manually. (you should just disable flash to begin with - NO HTML5 don't use it)
But to keep it updated using the newest version or an older more functioning version of Slimjet just do this.

Go here http://www.beast-usa.com/downloads/adobe-downloads.html (one of my sites no junk, no tracking, no please may I, I agree, JUST DOWNLOADS and geek help)
or here https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... ars_text_4

Download ADOBE Pepperflash, install it.
Then go here C:\Windows\System 32\Macromed\Flash
Copy these two files manifest.json and pepflashplayer64_18_0_0_209.dll
Put them in a new folder you made/make I have one called Slimjet-Flash-Fix
Rename pepflashplayer64_18_0_0_209.dll to pepflashplayer.dll
Now you should have two files in "Slimjet-Flash-Fix" manifest.json & pepflashplayer.dll
Then copy them and pastes them into these folders.
64 bit or 32 bit systems C:\Program Files\Slimjet\PepperFlash (Say yes to overwrite)
32bit Slimjet on a 64 bit system C:\Program Files (x86)\Slimjet\PepperFlash

Then you have a working updated version of ADOBE PepperFlash.

If you don't want to do all that I have the manifest.json & pepflashplayer.dll in a zip file to download.
http://www.beast-usa.com/downloads/brow ... wsers.html
Right hand side scroll down look for Slimjet. I've tested the those files on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Pro, Ultimate, Home, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008R2 32 & 64 bit No problem.
ThermalTake GT10, Asus Rampage V Exteme, i7-6950X (Raystorm water block), 32gigs DDR4-3000 Crucial Ballistix Tactical, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, OS HD's - 2 X 128gig Crucial M550's SSD's in Raid 0, Corsair SINGLE RAIL 1050 watt

sjfandan

Re: When Will Pepperflash Plugin Get Updated?

Post by sjfandan »

Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies. I just ended up disabling Pepperflash and enabling Shockwave Flash on the chrome:plugins page. That seems to have done the trick. Went to Spotify and Slacker Radio which both use Flash and they now work.

MiqW7394

Re: How To Manually Update Pepperflash

Post by MiqW7394 »

@sjfandan:-

Hmm; now that was a bit of a cop-out, wasn't it? Talk about going for the 'easy option'.....

Notwithstanding the fact that Pepper is miles more secure than straight-forward Flash, I guess it only took you a couple of clicks, eh? SO easy..... :roll:

Couldn't do that now, even if you wanted to. The Chromium-based browsers no longer support NPAPI 'Flash'.

Mike. :D