Click on URL in email, open new tab in browser, BUT stay in same Thunderbird email

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
cigarband

Click on URL in email, open new tab in browser, BUT stay in same Thunderbird email

Post by cigarband »

There used to be a way to click on a link (URL) in an email that would open a new tab/window in the browser (slimjet), BUT stay in Thunderbird - similar to what Ctrl-Left-click does in Google search results in Firefox.

My workflow is usually to open several links, staying in Thunderbird, and then when I'm done - go to slimjet to look at them all. E.g. I get a weekly summary email, click on all the topics that look interesting, and then, when I'm done selecting them, go look at them in slimjet.

I don't want to be forced to jump back and forth for every link, one at a time. This used to work.

Is there a preference or add-on that will do this - or anything else?

The Thunderbird help forum said I have to change something in Slimjet so it doesn't steal the focus, but they didn't know what.

oftentired

Re: Click on URL in email, open new tab in browser, BUT stay in same Thunderbird email

Post by oftentired »

I don't see a Settings entry that specifically addresses this exact action. However, you can experiment with the various "new" tab Settings, just go to Settings and search for the word "new", and any of the settings that you think might have the slightest chance of affecting this, toggle it and give it a try. Just be sure to do them one at a time or you won't know which one it was.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11