two flags to improve performance

Share tips and tricks on how to make the best use of Slimjet
dev

two flags to improve performance

Post by dev »

Number of Raster Threads – This is set to “Default” but you have the ability to set it to maximum. It improves the image loading time, so this should be pretty helpful for people who visit webpages with lots of images.
Experimental Canvas Features – As the name suggests, this flag is experimental but if you want your browser to be speedy, then you may as well try it. This flag enables “opaque canvases”, which requires less compositing, making the page loading time and performance a lot better

slimjet://flags/ in the Omnibox (address/search bar). search for specific features by using “Ctrl + F” find in page feature.

ronwhite

Re: two flags to improve performance

Post by ronwhite »

Where are these settings? I couldn't find them in Settings or Advanced Settings.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

ronwhite wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:35 am
Where are these settings? I couldn't find them in Settings or Advanced Settings.
This
dev wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:16 pm
slimjet://flags/ in the Omnibox (address/search bar). search for specific features by using “Ctrl + F” find in page feature.
What he is saying is put slimjet://flags/ into the address bar and then search for it
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ronwhite

Post by ronwhite »

Thanks for the explanation. Amazing how including "put" in the sentence clarifies things.

pp4mnkslimjet

Post by pp4mnkslimjet »

:arrow: I'm testing it, but it looks nice for me.