Bookmarks Side Panel disappeared

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
donaldduck

Bookmarks Side Panel disappeared

Post by donaldduck »

What the heck? Now my bookmark sidebar disappeared! How to get it back? How to find a browser that works good - like browsers used to work?

oftentired

Re: Bookmarks Side Panel disappeared

Post by oftentired »

I would like to know if you still experience this problem or if you have figured it out.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

There is a chance that the location and visibility of the bookmarks bar has been user changed. Wherever it is now located, if you press Ctrl+Shift+B it should appear, as this keyboard shortcut is a toggle between "visible" and "invisible".

To check where it is currently being told to "dock" and how it is to appear:

• click the Gear or Cog Settings Icon at the upper right
• hover the mouse over the Bookmarks menu item
• hover the mouse over the Show bookmarks bar sub-menu and see which selection is check marked
• use that same menu to change where it is located and how it appears if so desired
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

and Ctrl+I thus after

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:There is a chance that the location and visibility of the bookmarks bar has been user changed. Wherever it is now located, if you press Ctrl+Shift+B it should appear, as this keyboard shortcut is a toggle between "visible" and "invisible".

To check where it is currently being told to "dock" and how it is to appear:

• click the Gear or Cog Settings Icon at the upper right
• hover the mouse over the Bookmarks menu item
• hover the mouse over the Show bookmarks bar sub-menu and see which selection is check marked
• use that same menu to change where it is located and how it appears if so desired

OK - fixed it! I wasn't talking about the bookmarks bar, I was talking about the bookmarks panel, but there is an option to check that in the same place so I have got it back now. Thanks!