Exception Cookies are deleted/ Profile locations

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
slimjet1000

Exception Cookies are deleted/ Profile locations

Post by slimjet1000 »

I set my content settings under privacy to:
"Keep local data only until you quit your browser"

and added site exceptions in the "manage exceptions".

However, all cookies, including the exception ones are deleted.

Note:
I am also using the Chromium (chrome-win32) binaries for windows, and there, this does not happen.

Additional different topic:
The profiles use the same setting as are the chrome-win32, which does not allow for separate settings or profiles between the two products.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Exception Cookies are deleted/ Profile locations

Post by flashpeak »

Slimjet shouldn't share the setting or profile with Chromium, unless you are using your Google account to sync data and settings.

As for the cookie deletion, did you somehow turn on the option "Clean the following items at exit" under the privacy section? If that option is turned on, the selected items are deleted without considering for the exception sites you defined in the content settings.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

slimjet1000

Post by slimjet1000 »

Slimjet shouldn't share the setting or profile with Chromium
My mistake. I am using a --user-data-dir in the shortcut and didn't remember to change the path.

As for the cookies:
Yes, my setting is "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" and "Clean the following selected items at exit", but that, according to my understanding, should exclude the items I want to keep, i.e. "exceptions" on the cookies settings.

This understanding is based on the way Chromium works (the open source, not Google Chrome), and a Gecko-based browser (Seamonkey) which offer similar functionality, and allows me to keep only the cookies I mark, while most of the data is cleaned on exiting the browser.

I find the disappearance of "exception" cookies uncomfortable, and not intuitive, because why would these options be offered, if they are not combined, for the ease of the user?

Just a point of view, which, of course, does not mean you share.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I guess if you use the option "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" already, there is no need to use the option "Clean the following selected items at exit" to clean cookies at exit.

slimjet1000 wrote:
Slimjet shouldn't share the setting or profile with Chromium
My mistake. I am using a --user-data-dir in the shortcut and didn't remember to change the path.

As for the cookies:
Yes, my setting is "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" and "Clean the following selected items at exit", but that, according to my understanding, should exclude the items I want to keep, i.e. "exceptions" on the cookies settings.

This understanding is based on the way Chromium works (the open source, not Google Chrome), and a Gecko-based browser (Seamonkey) which offer similar functionality, and allows me to keep only the cookies I mark, while most of the data is cleaned on exiting the browser.

I find the disappearance of "exception" cookies uncomfortable, and not intuitive, because why would these options be offered, if they are not combined, for the ease of the user?

Just a point of view, which, of course, does not mean you share.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.