Home button doesn't recognize startup page

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
highstream

Home button doesn't recognize startup page

Post by highstream »

The subject says it: the Home button on the address bar opens the Speed Dial, i.e., a new tab, rather than whatever the user has set as their startup page. Never before seen a browser where the home was not synonymous with startup page, so I assume it's a bug.

Update: see my post Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:17 pm
Last edited by highstream on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oftentired

Re: Home button doesn't recognize startup page

Post by oftentired »

I believe this behavior is a deliberate feature and not a bug.

Open the Settings page with the Gear settings icon and you can see as the first and second main areas on the settings page, "New Tab", and "Appearance". The setting for new tab does just as you might expect and allows you to set what page opens when you open a new tab.

Under "Appearance" you will find the place to set the Home Page. You can change the home page manually while your on the settings page, or if you want, at anytime you can drag the icon of an address (just to the left of "http") with the mouse and drop it on the Homepage Icon and it will set that web address as the home page.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highstream

Post by highstream »

Update: see my next post.
Last edited by highstream on Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

It is not a bug and it is not complicated. It is easy to set the page that you want the home button to bring you to, if any.

highstream

Post by highstream »

RBTB2605 wrote:It is not a bug and it is not complicated. It is easy to set the page that you want the home button to bring you to, if any.
Not sure how it happened, but it seems to have been a passing glitch because today the Home icon is opening the startup page.

But just so you know, of the six browsers on my desktop, four at the time I posted, now five, of them - Opera 12, IE11, FF43, Vivaldi, Slimjet- treat "start" and "home" as synonomous (as did Netscape before them). Only the new Opera doesn't (fittingly if you've followed its development).

dev

Post by dev »

this will happen if a instance of slimjet is already running and you don't realise it (no saying that's what's happening here just pointing it out)