TurboCharged Downloader

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
deviLzxdemon

TurboCharged Downloader

Post by deviLzxdemon »

How to change the maximum number of downloads, not connections
Lets say i want to do 12 downloads and i prefer getting them done one after the next or 2 downloads at the same time.
Each file will be having a size of an approx 80MB and i am using Slimjet Version 6.0.4.0 (based on Chromium 46.0.2490.71)
I want the downloads to happen automatically rather than having to start each one manually.

oftentired

Re: TurboCharged Downloader

Post by oftentired »

I'm not testing it to find out but if you decrease the max number of threads you should be able to increase the number of actual downloads. I have had no reason to play around with the turbo download manager but I do not see an option for managing multiple simultaneous downloads repeatedly and automatically, but I think you can manually restart downloads which have already being "managed". It might be a simple matter NOT using the turbo download manager for any other downloads and then opening the turbo download manager and restarting the downloads that you desire to repeat.

If you set on an automated way to handle this.... in the meantime you might check out this program which can do what your asking if you play around with it a bit. It is purposed for copying an entire website but I'm pretty sure you can manually narrow the tasks down to selected URLS or file types corresponding to your desired downloads. I used it several years ago and it was a fast downloader at that time.

http://www.httrack.com/
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

deviLzxdemon

Re: TurboCharged Downloader

Post by deviLzxdemon »

i have got something better than that known s wget, but the prob is i have to type out the entire web address and it becomes a bit of a chore at times. copying and pasting won't work if the download address has spaces in it.
You cannot edit the max number of threads.
----------------------------------------------------
File Name || Status || Download Speed||
---------------------------------------------------
XYZ.abc || Runn..|| NNN||
WXY.bcd || Runn..|| NNN||
MAB.abc || Qued..|| NNN||
--------------------------------------------------
As shown in the table above give random file names , the status displays whether the download is in progress or has been queued. The speed of the download has been displayed as NNN. It would be nice if 12-15 filed can be places and only 2 of them get downloaded while the others are paused or queued for them two to get completed.