How to update Adobe Flash Player

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
PeterinScotland

How to update Adobe Flash Player

Post by PeterinScotland »

Channel5.com says "To ensure the best viewing experience we recommend you upgrade your flash player to the latest version. Visit the Adobe website for details". I can't work out how to update the plugin for Slimjet. I suspect installing from the website just updates it for another browser - for one thing Channel 5 keeps telling me to update.

Actually yesterday it worked fine even with that message, but today it keeps crashing. It does seem to be a particularly shaky site at times.

oftentired

Re: How to update Adobe Flash Player

Post by oftentired »

Slimjet uses PepperFlash. Odds are strong you already have the most recent version. You can try using the automatic update on the components page and if that is not working for you then you can use the instructions for a manual update. Click the link below for instructions.

See This Forum Post
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

just ignore the message i see it and the video plays fine. Its the site not recognizing pepperflash (crap site as its a crap channel lol you know what i mean lol )

PeterinScotland

Post by PeterinScotland »

Thanks, that's really helpful. I was not aware of the existence of Pepperflash and therefore did not understand why the message was coming up.

Agree about Channel 5 in general but there are some nice things on there too.