Paypal issue

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
floridacharlie

Paypal issue

Post by floridacharlie »

Since I have been using slimjet I have been having an issue with Paypal. When I attempt to withdraw or transfer fund I get a message from Paypal stating "We do not recognize the device you are using" then I have to go through an alternative verification method. This happens each time I try to use Paypal to withdraw. Is there some default privacy or security setting I need to change?
Thanks in advance for any help.

paul1149

Re: Paypal issue

Post by paul1149 »

This sounds like a cookie issue. Do you use a cleaner that deletes cookies from SJ? Before going to PP check under Settings / Privacy / cookies to see that PP cookies are present.

floridacharlie

Post by floridacharlie »

There are all kinds of PP cookies present. I don't have any 3rd party cookie cleaner running. I'm going to try Chrome and edge and see what happens. I hope it's not a slimjet issue that would cause me to go back to Chrome but I would have to if I can't figure it out because the extra verification would be very difficult to do each time. I'll update this later with the results.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

You could also try creating a new user profile.

floridacharlie

Post by floridacharlie »

I duplicated the issue this morning using Microsoft Edge so based on that it seems it's not a browser issue. Perhaps Paypal has implemented additional security steps when you make withdrawals or transfer funds.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Are they just asking you to sign in again, or is it a multifactorial deal like a usb stick? There might be a "this is a private computer" option when you sign in that will keep you signed in.

floridacharlie

Post by floridacharlie »

I am able to make purchases, change PP settings etc without any additional verification. It's only when I attempt withdrawals or funds transfer that additional verification is required. The additional verification consists of receiving an automated phone call from PP and entering a one time pin (which is shown on the screen) on the phone.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Possibly a coincidental account issue?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

floridacharlie wrote:I am able to make purchases, change PP settings etc without any additional verification. It's only when I attempt withdrawals or funds transfer that additional verification is required. The additional verification consists of receiving an automated phone call from PP and entering a one time pin (which is shown on the screen) on the phone.
Looking at the google search info they seem to have introduced this as additional security for handheld devices performing transactions. I'm thinking it should not happen on a desktop or laptop using a private network to connect to the internet. I have to agree I think there must be sign-in option/issue and/or account settings that should be able to de-select this if not using a hand held device.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

floridacharlie

Post by floridacharlie »

oftentired wrote:
floridacharlie wrote:I am able to make purchases, change PP settings etc without any additional verification. It's only when I attempt withdrawals or funds transfer that additional verification is required. The additional verification consists of receiving an automated phone call from PP and entering a one time pin (which is shown on the screen) on the phone.
Looking at the google search info they seem to have introduced this as additional security for handheld devices performing transactions. I'm thinking it should not happen on a desktop or laptop using a private network to connect to the internet. I have to agree I think there must be sign-in option/issue and/or account settings that should be able to de-select this if not using a hand held device.
I'm going to open a support ticket with PP and see what they have to say. I apologize for posting about this issue on this forum. It was one of those things where you start using a new program (Slimjet) and all of a sudden you see a new problem with a website that wasn't there before. PP has been making a lot of changes lately and they don't do a good job of communicating those changes to their customers.