is there any way to arrange extention buttons

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
bendedknee

is there any way to arrange extention buttons

Post by bendedknee »

I've not been able to find out how to change the order of extensions. In my browser, they show to the right of the search area but there is only space for 8. The ones that show are not needed in that spot.

How can I ...
- put my most used extensions first in place of the ones that show automatically
- increase the number that show beyond 8 so I havea better chance of being able to access the ones I want
- get quick access to unseen /enabled/ extensions :: even when I click the Slimjet button, then go to More Tools, then to Extensions ** I still cannot execute any extension **

??

How does anyone else access their extensions beyond the 8 that show up on the screen and are clickable? What am I missing?

azmarisela

Re: is there any way to arrange extention buttons

Post by azmarisela »

bendedknee wrote:I've not been able to find out how to change the order of extensions. In my browser, they show to the right of the search area but there is only space for 8. The ones that show are not needed in that spot.

How can I ...
- put my most used extensions first in place of the ones that show automatically
- increase the number that show beyond 8 so I havea better chance of being able to access the ones I want
- get quick access to unseen /enabled/ extensions :: even when I click the Slimjet button, then go to More Tools, then to Extensions ** I still cannot execute any extension **

??

How does anyone else access their extensions beyond the 8 that show up on the screen and are clickable? What am I missing?

You can drag and drop the extension buttons and reorder them that way as you prefer. Also if you go to the right edge of the omnibox(where the url is at) and your cursor will turn into an arrow pointing both left and right, drag it to make the omni box smaller and it will display more extension buttons. If the ones you want happen to still not show up, disable the ones that do show up until you see the ones you want and then drag and drop them further to the left so they will show once you re-enable the disabled extensions. I hope this was able to help.

bendedknee

Re: is there any way to arrange extention buttons

Post by bendedknee »

azmarisela » Thank you for addressing my post.

My problem is that the omnibox will not resize; the double headed arrow appears but does not respond to being dragged left. It will drag right though. On this monitor the omnibox is 1282 pixels which is about double the size I really need.

update:
OK, now I think I can see what's wrong. I went in and turned off every extension. Then I turned them back on, one-by-one. The problem seems to be that several of the extensions I want to use do not display an icon in the bar. I now have 9 icons (one more than before) showing and I am guessing that if I had more extensions that showed icons, they would show by shrinking the omnibox by the number of pixels that they need.

Thank you again for your reply. It has been a pity that no one else answered between November and now ;)