Automatically Installing Toolbar Icons - Amazon, Ebay

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
oftentired

Re: Automatically Installing Toolbar Icons

Post by oftentired »

donaldduck wrote:I haven't noticed any icons changing on my toolbar that I didn't change myself.
If you would like to experience the automatically "installing" toolbar icons click these two links.

Amazon

eBay
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

OK I did (I've been to amazon lots of times before). I don't see any changes on my toobar. Funny, I seem to have problems here that others don't - like saving bookmarks, which seems OK now - and vice versa. Note: I have only 3 extensions activated: adblock, adblock for youtube, and bookmark search.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

donaldduck wrote:OK I did (I've been to amazon lots of times before). I don't see any changes on my toobar. Funny, I seem to have problems here that others don't - like saving bookmarks, which seems OK now - and vice versa. Note: I have only 3 extensions activated: adblock, adblock for youtube, and bookmark search.
This means that at some time in the past, after this feature was implemented in Slimjet, you did actually experience it after navigating to Amazon or eBay. If you did not experience it I would not consider it a problem. If you want the buttons to be there you can always customize your toolbar manually and move them there yourself which, although not an automated experience, would provide you with the same result.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

troyclark@zoho.com

Post by troyclark@zoho.com »

I also dislike the automatic addition of toolbar buttons, once-time or not. It seems every other week I have to remove some stupid button that gets installed w/out my permission. And, please fix the stability issue of this browser, constant crashed are making me consider abandoning it.

jackdashack

Re: Automatically Installing Toolbar Icons - Amazon, Ebay

Post by jackdashack »

I searched in vain for this CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR. For some reason, maybe it's the theme or color I have, it was nearly invisible and when I did read it, it appear blacked out. I was surprised when I did click on it and it gave me access.

LOOK CLOSELY Near the Home Page Info. Look closely if you do not see it right away, it is there.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I had this happen a few times with the Facebook icon.

I'm not on Facebook and don't normally go there, but I don't have an absolute aversion to going there and more than once I had to go into settings and remove the icon.

On the other hand, I'm on Amazon fairly often and never had the problem there.

My guess is something Slimjet is doing in response to the site (that it shouldn't), but not a problem with well behaved sites (unlike Facebook).

BTW, is there some way (a not too fancy hack, not an extension) to add new toolbar icons not on the list?