Where is "Tools", How to Open HTML file, Where Menu bar?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Bluflower

Where is "Tools", How to Open HTML file, Where Menu bar?

Post by Bluflower »

I am a new user just getting started and need help. 1. Under the 'Menu" I do not see "Tools" option. How do I get it ?
2. Is there no Menu Bar in Slimjet ? How do I open an html file ?
Thanks in advance.

bksening

Re: New User Question

Post by bksening »

Try Ctrl+O (the letter Oh) to open a local HTML file.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

also

The Gear styled icon at the upper right just under the X which closes the browser is the access point for the main menu, near the bottom is the selection for Settings which opens the settings page in a new tab.

Clicking an html file will result in the file opening in your default browser (or program) for that file type. If you set Slimjet as your default browser it should open when clicking the html file or shortcut. Otherwise to open in Slimjet you can drag and drop the file or short cut on top of the browser icon or drop it on an open window.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Bluflower

Post by Bluflower »

Thanks for the answer for 'how to open a local html file'. How about my inquiry re the missing "Tools" option under Menu? Attaching a pic of the menu list that I see. Slimjet documentation lists 'Tools' in between the "Print" and "History" and I do not see that in my case. Will a re-installation help?

Thanks in advance.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Look lower down the menu for "More Tools". I think this replaced "Tools" some version in the past I know not which.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

bksening

Post by bksening »

For browsers based on Chromium codebase, "Tools" was replaced with "More Tools" in the Chromium v.43

Bluflower

Post by Bluflower »

Thanks you bksening & oftentired . Yes, I find those items under 'More Tools'. I am using ver. 5.0.10.0.