Classic look

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
slimjetuser1

Classic look

Post by slimjetuser1 »

Hi, I really like slimjet but I don't like these opera-style square tabs, is there any way of making them trapezoidal like in classic chrome? Also I'm not a fan of colorful icons so it would be very nice to have an ability to choose the default chrome minimalistic theme.

FurLonerD

Re: Classic look

Post by FurLonerD »

slimjetuser1 wrote: I don't like these opera-style square tabs, is there any way of making them trapezoidal like in classic chrome?
+1
I use chrome-like tabs even in classic Opera12 :lol:

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

FurLonerD wrote:
slimjetuser1 wrote: I don't like these opera-style square tabs, is there any way of making them trapezoidal like in classic chrome?
+1
I use chrome-like tabs even in classic Opera12 :lol:

R U still using old Opera browser? That used to be my favorite. Do u think it is safe to use such an old browser now? I'm trying to find a browser that suits me, like old Opera and old Firefox. SlimJet comes close but I have some problems with it which I've posted on here. I'm experimenting with Comodo Ice Dragon now, and maybe I'll try old Opera 12...

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Well, I deleted Comodo Ice Dragon and I don't think old Opera 12 cuts the ice (dragon) anymore really. So far SlimJet here is the best I've found. Too bad there doesn't seem to be anyone around to straighten out the problems I'm having with it and straighten out a couple of features - like dragging and dropping bookmarks - but maybe it is not possible to do that on the engine they are using or something...I'm over my head - or in to the ice - with technicalities I'm afraid...Dragons don't hide under the ice do they? Quack! As Donald Duck would say when he is peeved. Quack!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Well I can tell you this. The Flashpeak developers read this forum and they give consideration to every request that is made.

I can tell you that you are not being ignored. They simply don't have enough time in a day to respond to every single forum post.

cheers
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:Well I can tell you this. The Flashpeak developers read this forum and they give consideration to every request that is made.

I can tell you that you are not being ignored. They simply don't have enough time in a day to respond to every single forum post.

cheers

Hi, oftentired - funny name - but look who's talking huh quack!? - that would be good if they fixed up a few things because it is the best I've found in my search for a new browser so far. Comodo Ice Dragon seemed good at first - I could move my bookmarks around and back them up and it had the nice bookmark sidebar but it wouldn't save my passwords for some reason, and it had some normal buttons that I can't find here, like "find on page", and then it just disappeared and I had to download it from start all over again so I chucked it. Maybe I was doing something wrong, I don't know. What's Flashpeak, the company that runs SlimJet? Do the developers ever post here?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

FlashPeak Inc. is the legal entity that, I assume, the developer has for his personal programming projects. On this Forum the user with the name Flashpeak is the programmer that started Flashpeak Inc. and is responsible for it. He has developed different software projects as Flashpeak Inc.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11