mouse gesturing vs context menu

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
reallefko

mouse gesturing vs context menu

Post by reallefko »

Hi, I switched from firefox to slimjet a few months ago and for the most part love it. One of the major issues I am having is with mouse gesturing. I have an Acer c720 chromebook that was recently converted to full Ubuntu 14.04. So, the point is, I am new to both mouse gesturing as well as slimjet. This mouse pad supports mouse gesturing with multi-touch as well as the pad being able to be depressed for a simulation of right click.

The problem I am having is that I would like to be able to select a section of text, usually a link to another page, and "right click" on the link to access the context menu where I have installed an add on that inserted a menu item. For example being able to google the selected text, or link, without actually having the browser go to that link. I have not figured out the trick on how to do this. It does it on it's own about half the time. The other half of the time I wind up on a different tab, out of context, If I defeat gesturing in settings, text/link selection does not appear to work at all.

Is there any setting or trick to simply having the gesturing mouse pad work like a regular mouse and have right click work by either pressing the pad down or a key/mouse combination?

oftentired

Re: mouse gesturing vs context menu

Post by oftentired »

I've never been able to master laptop touch-pad. I use a small USB mouse with laptop.